+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should your Husband have close Female friends

Should your Husband have close Female friends

This is a very good question that I think everybody should know the answer to and vice versa.
    Should your husband or boyfriend, have close female friends? Where he always feel the need to talk to her and even call his close friend his sister?
    If so explain and if not explain why not?

Also second question, as a wife or a girl friend if you feel uncomfortable with that close friendship, how do you stop it? In my particular case I want my husband to change his phone number but he is telling me that he cannot change his number because he changed his number so many times and so many people call him and it will be difficult again to get all those peoples numbers and call each one to give them my new number again. Then he tells me, don't worry if you don't want me to call her, then I won't. I need your answers guys thanks

Prescious, you've only been married for two months. There was the girl in India on your honeymoon who you thought he was falling for - and now this.

Did you not know that he had a close female friend before you married him? Because if you did know, you're wrong to try and change the rules after you've married him.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

My feeling is this, once you are married, his friends become your friends. So these female friends should become your friends now. If they aren't comfortable with that and if your husband is not comfortable with that then there is a problem. Plus, he's married to you now, the relationships you have with females cannot be a deep emotional one anymore. It just can't.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Prescious, you've only been married for two months. There was the girl in India on your honeymoon who you thought he was falling for - and now this.

Did you not know that he had a close female friend before you married him? Because if you did know, you're wrong to try and change the rules after you've married him.
    Thanks for your reply however yes he has female friends and I don't mind as long as I know about them and he doesn't hang out with them ALONE but this 18 yo girl is a little bit too friendly with my husband and wouldn't mind if my husband and her are alone that's the difference. He tells her that he can't come to the birthday party because his wife don't want and SHE GETS ANGRY at him. WHY? I know about his other female friends and would never try to change something that I know was there before HOWEVER if he is married now their should be rules to female relationships I think. Number one rule they shouldn't be alone together.

Look precious, Im sorry but I think you married the wrong man. My advice is to not waste anymore time on him-see if you can get the marriage annulled (cancelled) and if not file for divorce. There is no point dragging this out for another year or two. You are only married two months, you are on honeymoon-it should be the happiest, most romantic time of your life, he should be all over you like a rash but hes not.

Something is wrong and if I were you-Id be on the first plane out of there-going home alone.

Life is too short to waste it with the wrong person. If you are unhappy -just leave. Dont even worry about what family/friends etc think. Dont let your pride get in the way of your happiness.

You are going to look back in 20 years time to your wedding day, honeymoon etc. Those should be happy memories, they should make you smile. Instead you are going to look back and see his new best mate slobbering all over him like a f**cking bitch in heat and it will set your marriage off on a really depressing tone.

Dont bother wasting anymore time. Just get out now.

Basil and Michelle are right.

He dont necessarily need to change his number. All he has to do is stop answering and cut them off. Is he able to block numbers on his phone? Also as for female friends, I dont care if he should or shouldn't... I don't play that kind of stuff. He can have friends who he speaks to but that's it. Prescious, ya'll haven't been married long enough for you to be having issues like this. You should be in pure marital bliss right now.
    Last edited by Starnique; 20-05-13 at 08:40 PM.

There is no reason why a guy cant have close female friends as long as they are only on a platonic level. If they guy is open about the relationship and will talk to them in your presence or see them when he is with you then you have no worries. If he is secretive and does not see the both of you at the same time then it is my guess that he is getting a little on the side. Blocking numbers will not change anything.

Well that may work for you and that's all good. But I have my reasons and I don't like it so that won't work for me. Besides, a lot of guys dont like their GF or wives to have close male friends either. Maybe you should go back and check out her other post.
    Last edited by Starnique; 20-05-13 at 09:44 PM.

10 pages minimum

The question was "SHOULD A GUY HAVE FEMALE FRIENDS?". That is the question I answered. Some of you woman posting here amaze me with your loony sense of insecurity when it comes to men and fermale friends. You act as if a married or commited man should wear blinders, never so much as look or speak to another woman, an go forbid have a friendship. Its not a matter of respect, its a matter of trust. If you cant trust your man to have a female friend then you are either insecure in your relationship with trust issues or you have a man that is not trustworthy. There are lots of good, trustworthy men out there who deserve better women than your type.

As far as the OP goes, if her man is acting in an decietful manner regarding his female friends, then her is probably a turd. If he is open and not hiding anything and the friendships are truly platonic then the OP is insecure and not rerady for a trusting or commited relationship.

I swear the inmpression you women have of men tells me you are hanging out with the wrong guys. Most men are not the lying and cheating dogs that you want to believe we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Am I crazy? View Post
    The question was "SHOULD A GUY HAVE FEMALE FRIENDS?". That is the question I answered. Some of you woman posting here amaze me with your loony sense of insecurity when it comes to men and fermale friends. You act as if a married or commited man should wear blinders, never so much as look or speak to another woman, an go forbid have a friendship. Its not a matter of respect, its a matter of trust. If you cant trust your man to have a female friend then you are either insecure in your relationship with trust issues or you have a man that is not trustworthy. There are lots of good, trustworthy men out there who deserve better women than your type.

As far as the OP goes, if her man is acting in an decietful manner regarding his female friends, then her is probably a turd. If he is open and not hiding anything and the friendships are truly platonic then the OP is insecure and not rerady for a trusting or commited relationship.

I swear the inmpression you women have of men tells me you are hanging out with the wrong guys. Most men are not the lying and cheating dogs that you want to believe we are.
    In another thread, the OP complained that her husband was spending a lot of time hanging out with an 18 year-old girl during their honeymoon. Do you feel there is anything even remotely appropriate about that?
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

So what? I answered the question as well. I dont see how me feeling that way has anything to do with you. I answered the OPs question and also gave her advice for her specific situation she posted about recently. That's why you need to go back and read it. I dont give a damn about your opinion because that holds no weight here, saying that there are men who deserve better types? That BS you talking can walk.
    Last edited by Starnique; 20-05-13 at 10:27 PM.

There is no reason why a guy cant have close female friends as long as they are only on a platonic level. If they guy is open about the relationship and will talk to them in your presence or see them when he is with you then you have no worries. If he is secretive and does not see the both of you at the same time then it is my guess that he is getting a little on the side. Blocking numbers will not change anything.
    platonic can turn romantic very easily especially if the person is half decent looking. Its not cool to have close friends of the opposite sex if you are in a relationship. Full stop. It gets messy, confusing and can very easily lead to emotional affairs. It doesnt matter how honest you are. You could still become infatuated-start thinking the grass is greener, develop feelings and before you know it you are wondering "should I leave A for B" or you cross the line and cheat. It happens ALL the time.

I agree with starnique on this 100%. I would not be cool with my bf being that close to any other female besides me. Its fine to talk to people, have a quick chat if you bump into a friend of a friend or to hang out in a group etc but I would dump him if I thought he was texting a close "friend", chatting a lot of FB to a girl, emailing, meeting her a few times a week for coffee, confiding in her when something bad happens, leaning on her for emotional support etc. All that is your partners job and if your doing that with someone else it is called an emotional affair so prepare to get dumped.

I do trust my man, I am not insecure and I know that there are tons of great men in this world BUT men and women do not get that close unless there is some sort of hidden agenda-it may be all innocent to you but its more than likely not to her or vice versa and it is exactly how emotional affairs begin. If you cannot see where I am coming from on that then you are very naive. If your wife all of a sudden had a new best mate who she was spending most her time with, texting, talking, meeting up alone etc are you telling me you would not be worried coz you trust her?

Quote Originally Posted by Starnique View Post
    So what? I answered the question as well. I dont see how me feeling that way has anything to do with you. I answered the OPs question and also gave her advice for her specific situation she posted about recently. That's why you need to go back and read it. I dont give a damn about your opinion because that holds no weight here, saying that there are men who deserve better types? That BS you talking can walk.
    Ignore him star. He probably has not been in a long term relationship so doesn't get it. He will one day. Hell understand when he has an EA one day or his wife does. If you dont set these boundaries early than that is exactly what happens. Its better to be well educated and prepared so you know how to handle it if/when it does happen but if he wants to stay green on the subject-fine. One day hell understand that we are not "insecure b**tches", were just not f**king naive or stupid

am i crazy: type into the search "in love with my friend", youll see its one of the most common problems on here.
    Last edited by michelle23; 21-05-13 at 12:22 AM.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast