+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Personality the most important thing in a partner

Personality the most important thing in a partner

I'll be honest here, the second I met my wife I was physically attracted to her. She was pretty. Blonde, nice body, 21 years old, was wearing a nice shirt. But when I sat down and talked with her the first time we went out I was even more attracted to her. Her personality was great, she was nice, she was polite, she smiled and laughed a lot and she seemed like a very loyal type who would respect you. 7 years later it is all still true.

Look, ladies I am going to be honest with you about one thing here. Guys hate bi*ches to the core. You can be the most attractive girl in the world but if you have a Jersey Shore personality, a guy is just going to use you up like a piece of meat and won't get much out of you other than sex. Oh sure, attractive women with bad personalities will get picked up and even have boyfriends. But they'll attract jerks, these women always attract jerks regardless. You have to be with the person 23 hours a day other than sex. A girl that is worth it for one hour a day won't last.

I'll tell you the truth about men. We love loyalty. We end up marrying these women. But the ones who act like Jersey Shore we fool around with, use, cheat on and make poor decisions with so that when the right one comes along we don't do this. Guys don't like drama. Not when we marry a girl. No matter how attractive a girl is if she has drama like a Kardashian she isn't worth it. Ever.

Here's a secret about men. We are the most dishonest people when we are horny. We'll do and say anything when we want sex. However, the most honest time in a man's life is 5 seconds (if not less) after he ejaculates. I am telling you, if a guy finishes having sex with you and still wants to lay and talk with you then he wants more from you. If he makes an excuse and is fumbling around with his pants after you are finished then he doesn't. I've had both types of girls. I married the former and was planning an exit strategy with the latter right after sex.

Sounds bad? It is. And while it isn't honourable the truth is a guy will never settle on a girl that is just good at sex or is arm candy. That'll fulfill 20% of his needs. The other 80% comes from the woman he marries. So for any women that think they are overweight or not as attractive as others or just haven't found the right guy, trust me, he's coming and he'll be there for you and not the leading cheerleader in high school. It'll just take him a while to find you. A beautiful personality brings out the outer beauty in a woman in my opinion. Any imperfection a woman has on the outside is glossed over if she has a great personality. But an attractive woman on the outside with inner ugliness will show her true colours and all of the sudden that apparent outer beauty is gone. Trust me on this one girls, the guys out there are making poor decisions with those girls first, before they find you.

I completely agree with this, appareance is deceiving in most of the cases, a girl with only external beauty is like a ferrari without a motor, it simply wont take you anywhere.

Ya, right. If this is true. How come every time I am nice, caring, putting 100 percent of my soul on the line for a guy, I get taken advantage of. But when I treat them like shit, they are still after me 2 years after I broke up with them, told them I don't want to receive any messages from him, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by fearoflove View Post
    Ya, right. If this is true. How come every time I am nice, caring, putting 100 percent of my soul on the line for a guy, I get taken advantage of. But when I treat them like shit, they are still after me 2 years after I broke up with them, told them I don't want to receive any messages from him, etc?
    Because you keep going after the same kind of guy, the wrong kind of guy... the kind of guy you were socialized to go after by observing your home life as a child.

Same as most of us do.

i completely agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    Here's a secret about men. We are the most dishonest people when we are horny. We'll do and say anything when we want sex. However, the most honest time in a man's life is 5 seconds (if not less) after he ejaculates.
    Yea, this is pretty much the truth. But most guys do have the fortitude to not cheat when they're horny, but it is true how a mindset changes in the second after you get off.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Because you keep going after the same kind of guy, the wrong kind of guy... the kind of guy you were socialized to go after by observing your home life as a child.

Same as most of us do.
    Women biology shows that good-looking women cannot resist a hyper-masculine, strong, resilient and wealthy man no matter how badly he treats her.

Women are biologically programmed to seek hyper-masculine, slightly aggressive, patriarchial, strong, resilient and wealthy men because these kinds of men are sub-consciously irresistibly attractive to them for some reason or maybe that is the kind of man their father was when they were just a kid.

I'm not saying that all women are attracted to those qualities in a men but many indeed are.
    Last edited by uri; 22-05-13 at 08:49 AM.

Yeah, men tend not to marry the slutty bitch. Nothing new.

confusednow Guest
    the difference between the OP though and some men is that some men avoid the jersey shore bitches or hos completely and would not be an ass and use her up like a piece of meat. hell just act as if she is invisible and find the wife type hes looking for.

I hate men that will settle with these bitches till something better comes along. That makes him a douche-sorry but a decent man will avoid the trash and find a real woman.

My bf would never go out with some cheap ho. He hates women like that and has always avoided them

If personality is really the most important thing then why are most people these days in such a hurry to date a beautiful model or a famous celebrity.

The fact is that you rarely see an ugly fat man with a beautiful supermodel or vica versa. Ugly people usually tend to stick to other ugly people and beautiful people also tend to stick to other beautiful people. I think people pretty much know what league they are in and only few people get the chance to date outside their league.

The fact is that in modern urbanized society our looks matter more than we like to believe. Looks can matter when you want to get hired for a job and they also matter when you want to date a woman.
    Last edited by uri; 23-05-13 at 04:11 AM.

both is important. i think you have to find your partner attractive in every way-physically, mentally, emotionally. personality really matters but attraction is important too.

i dont think looks have anything to do with whether your a nice person or not. i know lots of good looking people with a great personality, lots of unattractive people with a s**t personality and same vice versa

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    lots of unattractive people with a s**t personality and same vice versa
    Ya, people with no redeeming qualities. Parasites of society.