+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What the hells wrong with you women

What the hells wrong with you women

I am on a website called POF hoping to meet someone like minded, for commitment and a long term meaningful relationship that has love, affection, commitment, respect etc etc

I contact one woman asking her about her career in a very polite and respectful way and she blocks me

wtf is wrong with you women?? did something happen on the millennium to make you all hostile? did I miss something,

Fish or cut bait.

Women seem wicked when you're unwanted.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

POF is not a good place to meet someone who is looking for commitment. Its full of sex addicts and diseases. youll have to sift through a lot of garbage to find someone even half decent. Find a better dating site man

or you would have a better chance if you just walked into a cafe or something and asked someone out on a date.
    Last edited by michelle23; 21-05-13 at 08:48 PM.

Uhm, just exactly what did you say to her?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I said "hi nice profile, so your profession is it call centre manager or control room management" and I added a little smile.

you should say something like "hey I noticed that you are looking for (----------), it looks like we have a lot in common, would like to get to know you a little better" ....

Ive never done online dating so not really sure.. but take a few specifics from her profile that you can chat about and if she says "looking for a nice guy whos honest" or something.. tell her a bit about you and why you match that criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    POF is not a good place to meet someone who is looking for commitment. Its full of sex addicts and diseases. youll have to sift through a lot of garbage to find someone even half decent. Find a better dating site man

or you would have a better chance if you just walked into a cafe or something and asked someone out on a date.
    Lol, that is so far off the mark..
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Quote Originally Posted by sphalore View Post
    I said "hi nice profile, so your profession is it call centre manager or control room management" and I added a little smile.
    You didn't read her profile? Or was that an attempt at a joke that I'm not getting? (because I haven't read her profile) Anyway, she probably just blocks and deletes because she can't be bothered "chatting" with someone and doing the back and forth thing if she had no interest in your looks or what you had to say in your profile. I think women who have been on there for a while, who have "kissed a lot of frogs" per se, just find it easier to stop the "no point" contacts immediately.

Granted she could have said, thank you for your email, I wish you luck in finding a suitable match or some such thing and then blocked you so you couldn't come back with something rude because she didn't want to pursue anything with you.

Its really the best thing she could have done to block you. No sense wasting time on someone who isn't really interested for whatever reason.

I'd recommend that if you're going to just shoot one liners out that you try to make them witty or somewhat intriguing... something that will induce a response from her and based on what she has to say in her profile.

Good luck. It's a numbers game so change your attitude and learn to thank the ones that don't want to string you along.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I have to add that your aggressive attitude won't be helping you in the dating field.

Instead of automatically blaming the other party over an issue, it's wise to first stop and ask "could I have done this differently?" Or at least, is it me or her?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I'm sorry, OP, I just have to laugh for a moment... Aha....Haha...Ahahaha...AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Okay, I'm good... Haha.. Anyway, I laugh because you're talking about POF. I've been on that site for three years now, OP, and it's complete bullshit. I've met tons of people on there who were drag queen entertainers, transvestites, bipolar, obsessive, obsessed with my feet, depressed, etc etc or any combination of them. My advice is to get used to it. Think of it this way- if they block you like that (as one guy did to me when I asked him how his day was going), they're obviously not the one for you. Remember what YOU are looking for in a match...does someone who is obviously a ****ing nutcase fit that description of what you want? My money is on no... I suggest that you take POF with a grain of salt and try to sift through the absolute shit people on there to find the good ones. There are ones on there- I know that because I've met some absolutely amazing people on POF. It's a needle in a haystack (similar to life), OP- just have to find the needle...

Also, I recommend Okcupid because you might have some better luck on there. Hope this helps you.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Isn't POF free? You get what you pay for, IMO.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I think she thought that your fake because on fb 70% people makes a fake profile so how to truest any one, so don't get wrong way dear.

I am actually wondering if it isn't because you went straight for financials: I mean, I too would find it somewhat weird to get a first question about my profession and not myself. Maybe that ain't it but then again, maybe it is..
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Isn't POF free? You get what you pay for, IMO.
    Free love. Don't bank on it baby.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast