+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Best friend finds another best friend?

Best friend finds another best friend?

Me and this girl have been really really good friends for about a year now. we hang out together all the time and talk on the phone 4-5 times a day. But in the last few weeks we seem to have been growing apart - i call her but she rarely answers the phone, she doesnt want to hang out with me anymore - and the reason is that she has found someone more 'interesting' and 'funny' to hang out with.

I probably should not care too much but I like her a lot. I have no idea what to do...

Does she usually call you or do you always keep calling her? Start ignoring her for awhile and see if she starts doing anything about it. If she doesn't then why go after someone that doesn't care about you?
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u
    Does she usually call you or do you always keep calling her? Start ignoring her for awhile and see if she starts doing anything about it. If she doesn't then why go after someone that doesn't care about you?
    She used to call me very often but in the last few weeks I have been calling her....the best thing as you say, would probably be ignore her but I just cant seem to be able to do it...

Yea, once you get in the habit of calling so much, it's hard to stop. Make yourself busy with other things. I'm sure if she likes you at all, she'll start calling again...especially when she notices that you've given up with the calls and when the other friend becomes too much.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u
    Yea, once you get in the habit of calling so much, it's hard to stop. Make yourself busy with other things. I'm sure if she likes you at all, she'll start calling again...especially when she notices that you've given up with the calls and when the other friend becomes too much.
    she does call sometimes...but i call three times as much as she does...i hope the other friend becomes too much soon enough

I am currently going through something like this. I know if I can hold out from not calling my friend. You can. If she doesn't come back it wasn't meant to be. And if she does come back to you, you will respect it more.

-Joshua
    You may not think you are the world of someone, but to someone you are their whole world.