+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Did my girlfriend cheat on me?

Did my girlfriend cheat on me?

alright so she started talking to this guy she met at her workplace, some delivery guy. and they started texting like crazy and what have you. of course i completely trusted her and whatever, and then one day she got mad at me for something, i can't exactly remember what but I was busy and had to cancel plans with her that i had made and just to spite me she makes plans with this delivery guy. i am like really? and shes like yep. 2 months later i'm hanging out with my girlfriend and her friends and needless to say the whole thing sort of fizzled out and they stopped talking. i come to learn from HER friends that he tried to have sex with her. yes, 2 months later her friends mention it not knowing that I don't know and i was just in shock... she tells me the story they were driving around and he just started talking to her about sex and then she asked him to drive her home... but for some reason i don't believe that. Because you see, 3 days before i found out she started messaging him on facebook again saying she wanted to talk to him, saying she needed his help with something. i never found out what that was. And if you were completely told off why would you continually try to talk to the person who did? the guy still texts my girlfriend like once every 1 - 2 weeks. noticing she wasn't at work and my girlfriend never tells him off, never tells him to stop never anything even if I ask her to. did my girlfriend cheat on me?

Some more details: This guy also delivered stuff to my workplace and had no idea who I was. Whenever I told my girlfriend I was going to confront him and say something to him about it she always told me not to.
    Last edited by staging; 22-05-13 at 10:19 AM.

If she hasn't been cheating on you, she's certainly going out of her way to make it look as incriminating as humanly possible.

This is how people who never stand up for themselves and tolerate way too much bullshit get treated. It's the law of the land. Either grow out of it or get used to this sort of thing happening. Life isn't going to give you any other options.

You thought you were being a gentleman or playing it cool or whatever by trusting her but in reality red flags were all over the place and you were just in denial.

Even if she didn't cheat on you (she probably did, multiple times, but this is hypothetical) she still may as well be walking around every waking moment of her life with a sign around her neck that says "I have less respect for staging than a pile of dog shit" so it really doesn't even matter if she cheated on you or not, staying with her until she wrecks your soul is a huge mistake either way.

Her reason for always not telling me is because while I seem like I am okay with it and everything I did tell her that he was trying to do nothing but get in her pants and her response literally was "What do you think I can't control myself?"

Talk to delivery guy but when you go for talk to him take your gf with you then go , then you will gate what is true.

She was having an emotional affair. That is a huge red flag "texting him constantly". Who spends that much time texting anyone unless there is something going on? It is possible that it did go further than a crush (she definitely had a crush on him or feelings for him-there is no denying that) but what you need to figure out is did she cross the line even further and physically cheat. The only way to get the truth is to ask her to do a lie detector test or talk to the guy behind her back, tell him you are her bf and you want to know the truth, did anything happen between them?

Also ask her questions. Keep asking and tell her you are not letting this go until you have the whole truth. Ask her to look you in the eye and be honest with you. If she gets angry or defensive and cannot make eye contact-she cheated.

It is your choice what you do now. Decide whether you can forgive emotional cheating (if that is all that happened) or walk away now. I personally wouldnt forgive emotional or physical cheating. I would have been out of there as soon as she started texting this guy but you made the number one mistake of trusting her too much. You were probably in denial and chose to ignore all the obvious signs but its time to face it now.

If you do choose to stay with her-then I strongly recommend relationship counselling or else she will do this again.