+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guys smelling good.

Guys smelling good.

Recently I took it upon myself to give up the simple shower + Lynx combo (Axe - outside of UK) of most teens (I am 16) and try something better. So what do girls prefer on guys? I know everyone has their own preferences, but I just need an idea? I think I need an antiperspirant, deodorant and a cologne, but apparently you need to combo them right and I am a bit out of my depth, I don't know what girls like or how to combine these!

Thanks!

I don't like cologne on guys. Shower + neutral antiperspirant/deodorant is more than enough IMO. I need to be able to smell a guy's natural scent, in order to decide whether I'm attracted to him or not.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    I don't like cologne on guys. Shower + neutral antiperspirant/deodorant is more than enough IMO. I need to be able to smell a guy's natural scent, in order to decide whether I'm attracted to him or not.
    People's natural scent is usually nasty. Unless they eat right (lots of vegetables and fruits).

OP, my younger brother uses Axe and it is pretty good. Or, Old Spice.

Quote Originally Posted by fearoflove View Post
    People's natural scent is usually nasty.
    I don't know what people you hang out with, but this^ isn't true about the vast majority of the people I know.

I don't know what people you hang out with, but this^ isn't true about the vast majority of the people I know.
    You just haven't waited long enough for their REAL scent to come out.

FYI, I have been around guys my age, and my younger brother's sweaty jock friends. I KNOW.
    Last edited by fearoflove; 23-05-13 at 05:18 AM.

Hmm okay, I only worry that axe is seen as very typical and overwhelming? Haha okay natural scent, I take your point but firstly how do I know if I have a good "natural scent", and also if I don't have a good natural scent what would you recommend I do? Thanks for the advice.

If you are clean and deodorised and healthy, your natural scent will be perfect. Don't worry so much
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Haha alright thanks I worry like it's going out of fashion but thank you, on a slightly different note, while you are there, like you said with the natural scent thing, what are the dealbreakers and the things you look for, on a basic level, like smell, looks, body? This is before you even talk to them, so nothing about personality. I just want to work on a good first impression before I open my mouth

The smell of clean is what women love.....Lever or Irish Spring soap, clothes washed in Tide or Gain detergent, bouce fabric softener. I can't stand heavy after shave or colonge. Hugo Boss makes my stomach churn.

Tip: women always check out what you are wearing on your feet.

Deodorant....make sure it isn't something that an old man would wear like Mennen speed stick orginal sent or old spice (ew).

Okay no old man stuff got it! oh okay thats interesting ... I suck at fashion and shoes especially ... if it isnt too much trouble could you expand a little? I have some dark brown suede fred perrys and thats about it, other than trainers :$ I wish there was someone who could just come out and shop all my stuff for me and just work out all the fashion stuff for me, its all so confusing! Yeh I like the idea of just smelling clean, I just need to work out the right product or soap etc ... I always end up panicking and reverting to lynx/axe

Just don't use cologne at all, shower regularly, use a neutral (no scent) deodorant and you'll be fine. It's true about the "clean" smell - I love the scent of fresh clean clothes.

There is no one-size-fits-all "good" natural scent... a scent that I am attracted to may not be attractive to another girl. Smelling a person's natural scent is fundamental for selecting a compatible sexual partner: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_odor_and_subconscious_human_sexual_attraction
    Last edited by searock; 23-05-13 at 07:46 AM.

Deal breakers on a physical level? Long or dirty fingernails (sorry to those finger picking guitarists and mechanics out there), rotting teeth, not using deodorant, mullet hairstyles. I'm not so worried about the style of shoes and clothes as long as they are clean and don't have holes in them.

As far as needing help picking your clothes, call one of your major department stores or the mall and see if they have a personal shopping service. They'll go through the store with you and advise you. If you want scent, they can help you with that too.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Smelling a person's natural scent is fundamental for selecting a compatible sexual partner:
    Yep. I love to breathe in the scent of my husband's neck after a day at work

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast