+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guys smelling good.

my bf uses a shower gel (normally nivea) it smells good and he uses a natural aloe vera deodrant (no smell, chemicals, toxins). he always smells good.

when we go out-he wears colonge which also smells great. i love ralph lauren or david beckham on him.

the only shoes i like on guys are white trainers. my favourite style is a t-shirt and jeans or a hoody. i also love fat man pants (nickname for baggy tracksuit-hes not fat) and a jersey on him. he looks soo hot and i just want to jump him haha. the casual look is defo my fave on men.

i hate it when we go to a wedding or something and he has to wear a shirt and black shoes. uh! he still looks good but i just prefer casual

Quote Originally Posted by OKANEED View Post
    Okay no old man stuff got it! oh okay thats interesting ... I suck at fashion and shoes especially ... if it isnt too much trouble could you expand a little? I have some dark brown suede fred perrys and thats about it, other than trainers :$ I wish there was someone who could just come out and shop all my stuff for me and just work out all the fashion stuff for me, its all so confusing! Yeh I like the idea of just smelling clean, I just need to work out the right product or soap etc ... I always end up panicking and reverting to lynx/axe
    That's why they have women working in most clothing stores, to help guys like yourself pick out clothes or make suggestions....that's a big part of their job. Do you have a Le Chateau there? They are one of the better stores to shop.... they also sell a line of shoes as well. Guess is another one.

Me it's 501 Levis, car t-shirt layered with a plaid shirt, hoody, baseball cap and funky Vans.

Oh and camo or plaid cargo shorts just below the knees. Work boots look hot too. (very north west/ grunge)
    Last edited by smackie9; 23-05-13 at 09:09 AM.

I had a brief look and I don't think we have either. Asos, republic, topman, hollister, H&M etc ... that sort of think near me, hmmm okay do I just go in and ask or do I have to pay/sign up for something? Seems pretty helpful.

Okaneed, I just wanted to comment a bit further about natural smell. The idea that we need to add cologne to smell good comes direct from marketing companies. It falls under the heading of: invent a problem - sell a solution.

Sure, use the product if you want it - but don't fall for the marketing hype that you NEED it.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by OKANEED View Post
    I had a brief look and I don't think we have either. Asos, republic, topman, hollister, H&M etc ... that sort of think near me, hmmm okay do I just go in and ask or do I have to pay/sign up for something? Seems pretty helpful.
    What about lifestyle sports, Tommy Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren, Jean scene, diesel? I know my bf gets nice clothes in these places.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Okaneed, I just wanted to comment a bit further about natural smell. The idea that we need to add cologne to smell good comes direct from marketing companies. It falls under the heading of: invent a problem - sell a solution.

Sure, use the product if you want it - but don't fall for the marketing hype that you NEED it.
    Okay sure, I had no idea! I guess it is because I can't tell what my "natural smell" is, so I assume it is bad and go straight to cologne. Okay so that leaves me with deodorant and antiperspirant then. So what I've come to is, a neutral antiperspirant and a fresh/natural smelling deodorant. Guess I'm off on a shopping trip soon! Thanks Basil

I thought deodorant and antiperspirant were the same thing? lol

Having had a proper look I only need one, but one is for combating odour, and the other actually blocks your pores and stops you sweating. I will have a proper look at it I think, thanks though.

I use an aloe vera one, its for men and women and I find it very good. Its a roll on and one tube of it lasts about 3 months. You could try the health store to see if you can get something similar.

I know that most deodorant has aluminium salts in it and its really bad for you. Can cause breast cancer in men and women and alzehimers disease so try to get one without
    Last edited by michelle23; 23-05-13 at 07:35 PM.

o.O wow okay I will heed that advice! Thanks a lot I think that's all, Ima go grab something like the aloe vera stuff and then maybe go with some sort of nice body-wash instead of all the cologne and deodorant

BTW you don't pay sales people to help you buy clothing in their own stores. Also they have to have some kind of fashion sense in order to have a job at these designer name stores. Just go in and say I need a new wardrobe what do you suggest. Me I usually tell the girl OK now dress me up, I need new clothes.....so far they have been great.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    I use an aloe vera one, its for men and women and I find it very good. Its a roll on and one tube of it lasts about 3 months. You could try the health store to see if you can get something similar.

I know that most deodorant has aluminium salts in it and its really bad for you. Can cause breast cancer in men and women and alzehimers disease so try to get one without
    Actually deodorants don't have aluminum zirconium, "anti-antiperspirants" do. It's in there to prevent wetness. If you are prone to heavy sweating just choose one that has a low percentage. If not just a void anything that is an anti-antiperspirant.

To add the jury is still out on if the use anti-antiperspirants if do cause any disease....there is no actual medical proof yet linking it to these diseases. Studies are still continuing. Just to be safe, avoid using it.

Of course, I think I will stay safe and just stick with something simple just in case They do it for free? That's pretty great, though I think I will have to work out the right places, cause having been in Topman, they have some good stuff but the assistants seem to wear the weirdest stuff, if I ever had to say someone had "indie" style this would be it. I want to go and try new stuff I wouldn't dream of, but not getting into all the fashion rubbish

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12