+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How to flirt with a girl whose profile says pretty much everything about them..

Because we're not supposed to send consecutive messages. Apparently, that conveys "neediness" so I have to wait for a response that might never come or go back to the drawing board.

Yeah, I see, but if she isn't ready then why would she be on a dating site? Not picking at the logic of your post because actually, I suspect that that happens very frequently.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    I am incapable of gauging. In order to do that, I would need to have had success with which to develop a frame of reference. Something keeps telling me I waited too long. I dunno how I would even respond if she said she'd rather wait: Doesn't that usually/invariably mean "I was just leading you on because I like the attention and not because I necessarily like/liked you" and "Please don't message me again"?
    Yes, it does depend on the girl. Likewise, men have different desires for how a relationship should start out too.

This is why I've never bothered twisting myself in knots to attract a man. I behave exactly how I want to - which happens to be very 'forward'. If he likes that, then well and good. But if I scare the pants off him (yes it has happened) then we weren't suited anyway. He and I can both move on and find more suitable partners.

If a guy told me he'd rather wait, I'd say 'goodbye'. But other girls would like that and love him. It's all about finding someone who is compatible.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

but if she isn't ready then why would she be on a dating site?
    Because eventually she WILL be ready when she's been courted/intrigued/feeling safe enough with a fellow. duh! lol
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

game of the gods

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Because eventually she WILL be ready when she's been courted/intrigued/feeling safe enough with a fellow. duh! lol
    Sooo...in the meantime, hundreds of guys will have their time wasted by a tease?
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

I am surmising that when a girl says something in her profile like "Message me if you have any recommendations (for reading, watching, doing)" that means "Don't actually do that because that is boring and I won't listen to you anyway"?

Also, is suggesting Skype bad? I figured that way there won't be any concern over phone numbers if things don't work out.

Sooo...in the meantime, hundreds of guys will have their time wasted by a tease?
    do you feel like you're wasting your time, sport? Why would skype be bad? Just don't log in with your peter in your hand lol
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I don't. But I'm not those other guys, who work dead-end Verizon jobs and have no color to their person because they're stuck in a dull corporate world who want to live by trying to meet girls through sites since they can't at work. My approach to girls isn't self-centered: I feel for the other guys, too, even though they're prospective competition.

I don't. But I'm not those other guys, who work dead-end Verizon jobs and have no color to their person because they're stuck in a dull corporate world who want to live by trying to meet girls through sites since they can't at work. My approach to girls isn't self-centered: I feel for the other guys, too, even though they're prospective competition.
    I suggest you concentrate on what's going on in your own backyard and leave those like you describe to their own devices. You've got enough of your own over-thinking to worry about. ;o)

dude you're ****ing over complicating it. all it takes is a bit of charisma and some bullshit talking until shes wet then you bang...holy **** stop putting it on the pedestal.

How about I give you my log-in info and you show me how it's done? Because I am grossly incompetent.

I told you, start lifting and working on your body. Learn to dress, get a nice perfume....dude it really isn't that difficult.

don't talk about random bs, try keep the conversation interesting.

are you insecure or something? don't show them ur desperate, just play it cool.

No... you aren't. You're just too worried about outcomes. Just do what YOU think is best and if it doesn't pan out, that doesn't necessarily mean you're incompetent or any such thing, it just means she wasn't the right girl for you.

I don't know how to be cool. I've never ever been cool. And yeah, I start going to the gym 3-4 days a week starting next. I bought some new clothes and set aside my favorites to try looking better. Still, neither of those things not even in conjunction with the other will teach me how to keep a conversation interesting with a girl.

I don't know how to be cool. I've never ever been cool. And yeah, I start going to the gym 3-4 days a week starting next. I bought some new clothes and set aside my favorites to try looking better. Still, neither of those things not even in conjunction with the other will teach me how to keep a conversation interesting with a girl.
    you better ****ing start going gym 5 days a week and go get a diet program along with a workout routine.
    try talk to a lot of girls, and you should eventually get the hang of it.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast