+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: How to flirt with a girl whose profile says pretty much everything about them..

*claps*

one down 9 to go.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

We're meeting on Friday. Phone call went reasonably well.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Way to go, studly.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Lol, I think I can do very well now that I've been given a chance to present my case in person.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

OK, how do I get through this (Is this the end of it?): she took a cat in to the vet. I was able to hear from her today which is the day it happened and the last she said was that the cat was getting X-rays. I just said, my thoughts and hopes are with you and your cat. I haven't sent anything since. Should I ask how the x-rays turned out? Wait a few days? We were scheduled tentatively to meet on Friday but might this mean I should push back? In fact, is it a possibility that her grieving if it goes poorly (i.e. the cat dies) means she might just not want to meet me or talk until she's ready/ever again?

2 phone numbers this weekend, 2 opportunities that will almost assuredly go down in flames. The cat thing is probably going to BREAK whatever I had going (now I hate to think like this, but I feel like I could bet she'll use this as an out for our meeting).

Good news is, I ditched all my comfortable clothes and dug up old stuff which is considerably more normal looking. Even bought a few new ones. Let's see if it works tomorrow at the movies.

Are you saying 2 down 8 more to go before closing bell on Friday? The goal is to get a response, not to marry the bitch. (whoops, did I say that out loud?)

I've messaged a few more girls (and sadly, yes, a few on the Casual Encounter section of Craigslist). I think I am pretty much on the way to meet the target.

Have you purchased your industrial strength rubbers yet, lover boy?

Lol, nah. I'm never making it that far. Hell, I don't even know if I'm meeting up with that girl on Friday. What should I do in re: to her? Should I ask if her cat is OK?

Well, other then possibly getting a "it's dead" response, I can't see any other reason why not. Maybe a "Just checking in to see if you're okay. How's kitty doing" might be better then a just "is your cat okay?" Then again wtf do I know? lol Go with your own gut, sport. What's it tellin you to do? Most good people would wonder how she was feeling when there's a sick pet being worried over. No?

I completely care, it isn't as though I'm only interested in meeting on Friday to possibly date and whatnot. I've never been good with expressing care although I do always strongly FEEL compassion. What if she says they put the cat down?

YC I guess you don't really need help. You're just selling your thread and I'm buying it. Anyone can have sex with someone after a one shot of tequila. You sounds like a girl buying/choosing a shoes to wear in a date. Too many complications.
    Asking for Dating Tips Online isn't waste of Time
    That is Why I am Here!
    ~♥Love me Love me Not - It's up To you ♥~

I couldn't get a girl to have sex with me after one shot. The main problem is: I'm not cool enough to get their number to begin with so that I might gradually work towards inviting her to a bar!

You're downgrading yourself very low.. Why not try the I CAN GET SOME PRETTY duff's phone number rather than I COULDN'T???!?? SELF-PITY won't win you a DIAMOND dude! That's a turn-off to a girl. SENSE OF HUMOR is the armor, make her laugh and don't sounds like trying hard.. Always make the conversation lively.
    Asking for Dating Tips Online isn't waste of Time
    That is Why I am Here!
    ~♥Love me Love me Not - It's up To you ♥~

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast