+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to flirt with a girl whose profile says pretty much everything about them..

How to flirt with a girl whose profile says pretty much everything about them..

...So yeah. A girl expressed interest on OKCupid but her profile lists pretty much all her likes so I can't think of what to ask. Help?
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

How did she express interest? Sometimes/Most times what someone says can easily be responded to. You don't necessarily have to include something in her profile with that first response.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Through a rating, not a message...
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

I'd respond that you were impressed with how much she shared about herself. Then I'd ask, "Is there anything you left out?" Ann
    Ann

That's a pretty good one. However, I worry about witty messages like that going awry, as in, they misinterpret it..

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    Through a rating, not a message...
    sorry.. does that mean like she rated you high on the 1 to 10 list?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Either 4 or 5 stars out of 5, yes.

Why does this happen to be witty. If I say to you, "YoungCosmo, is there anything you are leaving out?" is that witty? Really? You could also add that you'd like to know her better than what she posted for the public to see. Is that witty????? Ann
    Ann

No. In your second post, you didn't even show any wit whatsoever nor understanding of your own post. Using the example you set before...it is impossible to even explain. I don't even understand how you don't understand. It's baffling to me. It could easily go very wrong if used. One thing I am sure of is most girls get messages that say things along the lines of "Hey, I like _____, too. What made you get into it?"; all generic, rote things that require similarly rote answers. However, with your example, that requires real thought and also the ability to comprehend the question correctly, since the meaning is not inherently obvious.

"Hey (insert name here). Thank you for putting a smile on my face this morning." Then just ask her about how she got into Snail Racing (or whatever the hell she's into).

then end with a
    "Talk to you soon"
    (insert your screen name here) or "Cos" if you want to give her your real name right away.

That's so amazing. I wish I could think of something like that. Now a problem with that is specifically this girl's profile: it says her LIKES but not necessarily her interests so I can't ask how she got into something..

then change it up to fit. Gosh, you're not stupid so why do you act that way when it comes to starting a simple online convo?

"You have a lot of likes. I like Snail Racing myself but it's bloody hard getting the saddle on the little guy." *big grin*

.. just tell her what you like or that you'd like to learn to do something that she likes doing or whatever.

To add: Don't think about it so much and just go with it. Its not a tragedy if she doesn't respond.. it really isn't.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 24-05-13 at 08:09 AM.

Everything in life is way easier than starting a conversation with a girl. That is literally one of the most formidable first world tasks. And the problem is when guys like me have so few things come up like this; blowing a chance means having to wait a very long time until another comes up whereas lots of guys meet a new girl every week!

Oh well, since there was nothing to work with, I gave up on her.
    Last edited by YoungCosmo; 24-05-13 at 01:39 PM.

Awesome, another girl rated me highly!..which is perfect timing. Now I can stress over this new girl. And a similar problem appears yet again, this time she has TOO little written.
    Last edited by YoungCosmo; 24-05-13 at 01:39 PM.

It took 20 minutes and numerous re-writes and even doubts that I could send a message, but I did. Probably sucked horrifically..

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast