+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Three month relationshi

Three month relationshi

I've been dating a great girl for almost three months. She is a young widow and her husband died 2 1/2 years ago. The first several months were passionate and she was very excited about us. She has twin daughters and they love me. We usually spend 3 to 4 nights a week doing things together, usually with the girls. It has been such a great time. Usually after she put the girls to bed, she would come downstairs and literally jump me. Everything was going great until about three weeks ago. We still get a long great and have a lot of fun but we haven't had sex for three weeks. She had a minor physical issue that halted our sex life for a week or so but we haven't had any sex in three weeks.

I've noticed in this time that she has been stressed out a lot and more tired. She lost her babysitter so we haven't been able to go out on dates and her kids, while awesome are a handful so she never gets alone time or time with me. It would have also just been her seventh wedding anniversary. As recently as two weeks ago she was talking about a long term relationship in a very positive light but on Sunday night she said she has lost her physical attraction for me. I said should we break up and she said no. We agreed that we haven't been able to spend enough time together because of the girls and thought that getting out alone might relight the spark.

any thoughts? can we regain the spark?

Are you the first guy in her life after the death of her husband? Maybe your a rebound? I'm concerned that she's introducing you to her children already as well. If she keeps introducing men to her children before the honeymoon period is over, then they're going to have a whole lot of men coming in and out of their life.. not good. *steps down off soap box*

Anyway, I'm wondering if you're a rebound and now that she's feeling better about herself, she's feeling less about you???

You need to step away and let her call you when she (thinks) she's attracted to you again. I'd watch your heart with this one even if she does regain the new relationship energy with you.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

You need to date her without the kids, if it doesn't work, that's the time you need to set her free.