+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girlfriend keeps mentioning stories about her ex

Girlfriend keeps mentioning stories about her ex

Hi, My girlfriend keeps telling me stories about her ex before. After many many many stories. I feel like I know her ex already. I know where he went for college, where he lives, what car he likes, what health problems he has, what language he speaks, what friends he has, even how big his sexual organ is and how often they did it. I told her I don't want to hear that anymore, but she said she dosen't have lots of friends so lots of stories are relating to me. I told her I still don't want to know because it is weird. She stopped for 1 day and then she'll still bring him up quite often. She'll tell me something and suddenly relates that to her ex and told me "oh, you don't want to know about this. sorry." or told me stories about her ex's mom. Is it normal for girls to bring up their ex that often? or am I overreacting even after I told her many times that I feel uncomfortable to listen to these stories?
    thanks

No, you're not overreacting. I don't mind hearing the occasional story about an ex, but if it was this frequent - and against my wishes - I'd be getting quite frustrated. How long ago did she break up from him? I'm wondering if she's not yet over him.

Anyway, the long and short if it is that you've expressed your wishes and she's not respecting them. Now, I rarely suggest 'breaks' but I think this would be an ideal time for one. Tell her that you need space from hearing about the ex all the time and that she's to stay out of contact with you for a bit. You can also say that you will only get back together when she starts to respect your needs.

Having said that, you have to follow through on any ultimatums like this. But if her talking about him all the time and ignoring your wishes doesn't bother you enough to walk away, then you need to learn to accept it.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I just read your other post about all the insults she gives you because of your race. Please ignore my above advice and just dump her. She sounds like a very unpleasant piece of work.

And when you write on forums, put ALL the problems in one post. We can't give accurate advice if we only have half the story.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Thanks for your advice!

Dump her! She's abusing you with the racial garbage.

She's obviously not over him. That doesn't mean she still loves him though and doesn't love you. She does need to respect your wishes and stop this behavior. Maybe give her an ultimatum that if she doesn't stop being rude and disrespectful that you're done? If you believe in that sort of thing.

Hi,
    For me your not overreacting. That's good, you tell her you don't what to hear about past relationship in her ex-boyfriend. You just tell what you feel inside.
    I think she want you to jealous or something. Past is past, focus to the near future.
    But don't forget to tell how you really love her.