+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I text him 1st?

Should I text him 1st?

So I kind of have feelings for this guy friend. All along in the past, he'll be the 1 initiating the text and phone calls. And I wouldn't be very interested. Once in awhile, I'll reply and just meet him. Not all the time though. But now...I realized after we get closer, I've always been the 1 initiating the calls and texts. He does reply and answer though but I really want him to take the initiative too. Worst thing is, that day when we hang out...I got a little drunk so I sort of confessed. And now, I don't know what to do. I'm afraid I might appear as desperate and needy and that would turn him off. I've already text him to apologize for what happen that day. What should I do to save the situation now? Should I just wait for him to contact me? I'm afraid he wouldn't.

its pointless being best mates when you obviously want more. Tell him the truth about how you feel and see if he feels the same. If yes, great-go on a date. If not, start distancing yourself from him so you can get over him and move on with your life

I think if something was supposed to happen between you, if you were good for each other-then it wouldnt be this complicated-you would already be dating so just get to the point and stop torturing yourself.

Since I already know your situation, you are better to back off. I'm getting the impression he really doesn't want to pursue anything even tho he seems to be on the fence. You need to step back and keep your emotions in check because nothing good will come from this. You are being very desperate to feel the passion....time to come to your senses.

in my opinion, you should not text him now, wait for his response
    “Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.”

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkle123 View Post
    So I kind of have feelings for this guy friend. All along in the past, he'll be the 1 initiating the text and phone calls. And I wouldn't be very interested. Once in awhile, I'll reply and just meet him. Not all the time though. But now...I realized after we get closer, I've always been the 1 initiating the calls and texts. He does reply and answer though but I really want him to take the initiative too. Worst thing is, that day when we hang out...I got a little drunk so I sort of confessed. And now, I don't know what to do. I'm afraid I might appear as desperate and needy and that would turn him off. I've already text him to apologize for what happen that day. What should I do to save the situation now? Should I just wait for him to contact me? I'm afraid he wouldn't.
    Did you listen to ANYONE in your other thread? Grow up Princess. Why don't you ask your parents what you should do?

.. until you ask them. My answer is NO stop contacting him.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion