+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If someone was honest about their past 100%, what is a deal breaker for you?

Someone who doesn't drink, someone who is negative, a know-it-all, bad teeth, doesn't like cats, someone who has a dog, has small children, a crazy ex wife.....

and big baggage.

Anyways a story from the past? He sucked a another man's dick or let a man f uck him up the ass or has had fantasies about the guy he went to school with.... There no mention of being bi-sexual.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    someone who has a dog
    Eh?

Dogs > cats. Always.

Speaking of which, dating a snake owner would be near impossible for me. One of my biggest fears is to meet a girl, go to her place and discover a snake there. I'd probably have a heart attack. I'm just absolutely terrified of them. So actually, I do make a point to mention snakes when hooking up with someone, just to make sure that person doesn't own one.

Back to the OP... I must admit I wouldn't feel all comfortable with someone who's slept around much more than I did. Ego thing, I guess. Although I don't tend to discriminate people based on past. Each person is different. Everyone should be given a chance.
    I did however find myself in a relationship with a single mom and it was and still is very difficult for me. So maybe my approach isn't really great.

Maybe a person needs to set some rules. But that just seems so...unpersonable to me. You're not buying a new sofa. Or a car. You can't be like, I want it to be diesel, a SUV, red or orange, automatic etc. When it comes to people interraction, chemistry has to happen.
    Relationship perfect on paper seems stupid to me. It just doesn't work that way IMO. Otherwise, it should be like a job interview I guess. Bring me your CV and let's schedule a little 10 minute interview, shall we?

Got to add this...dating a conservative/someone religious also wouldn't work. One time I approached one girl and when she told me her beliefs I was like..so...I only like you for your looks. Cool. Well, I can still hit it. Nithing more than that, though.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    a cheat, addict, abuser or if he abandoned children or had children from a previous relationship would make me run a mile. thats all i can think of right now-theres prob more though. i wouldnt want someone with baggage, psychological or emotional problems or if he had some freaky fetish or something or if he was a player etc
    What if it was something bad that someone did to them in the past, in which they were completly innocent. Would you hold that against him?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    lol, nice Smackie.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Eng.Jackadmans View Post
    What if it was something bad that someone did to them in the past, in which they were completly innocent. Would you hold that against him?
    No, of course not. But I would want to know if they were okay about it. I.e. no psych issues.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I guess where heavy drug addiction is concerned, I'd have worries that they would relapse, as is common, but I'd still give them a chance is they were worth it. Same thing with a criminal record...depends what they did and how long ago. As with kids...been there, it's a tough road, especially when a parent doesn't know what the word 'discipline' means.

The deal breakers for me are aspects of a person in the present; selfishness, insecurity, stupid...

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    a cheat, addict, abuser or if he abandoned children or had children from a previous relationship would make me run a mile. thats all i can think of right now-theres prob more though. i wouldnt want someone with baggage, psychological or emotional problems or if he had some freaky fetish or something or if he was a player etc
    You could say I was an addict in the past because I was borderline alcoholic so I was addicted to alcohol. Now I don't touch the stuff and think I'm a much nicer person. So is it right that some people might judge me as not being worthy because in the past I was a tit and now I'm trying hard to be much better than that? Fortunately I told my GF on our first date that I no longer drink and I explained exactly why. Fortunately she's generous of spirit and didn't tell me I was a bad person.

D'accord.
    To each their own I guess. Some people wanna act like it's a job interview, more power to them I guess. Although I'm pretty sure they'd break many of their rules for someone they liked as, you know, an actual person.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    No, of course not. But I would want to know if they were okay about it. I.e. no psych issues.
    What if they had psycological issues becuase of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Eng.Jackadmans View Post
    What if they had psycological issues becuase of this?
    You already know the answer, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    You already know the answer, don't you?
    No, I dont.

anybody who spends an excessive amount of time on a love advice site giving out armature advice.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast