+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I be over her?

Should I be over her?

Hi everyone so I will try to explain as best as I can. My girlfriend and I broke up in February after dating for nearly a year and a half. Since then we still hung out and talked. About a month after we broke up I tried to get back together with her. She told me, that she has made a commitment to her parents so she didnt want a relationship.
    After this point we continued to talk. Sometimes she would need help woth hw and I would help. I may have even saved her from doing bad in a class. All this hoping she would want me back. Sometimes she would kiss me on the cheek but thats really it
    My question is "Should I still want her back", college is over and we have spoken once since the end of the semester (2 weeks ago). It upsets me because I know she will text me when either she needs something or she needs someone to talk to about her problems/emotions. I think she has interest in another guy but it may just be "her being in love with falling in love". I know who the guy is and he has not shown any interest in her, as he has a lot of female friends. Also he tended to just dotch her if he was with other friends?Am I wrong for being a bit upset with her? That she ignores me unless she needs something? That I help her and she does not even care? Maybe Im jealous?

Listen, I'm talking in general. Did she leave you or did you leave her? In the first case, remember that she tossed you in the trash. Once someone has done something like this, they must remember that you've been ENTIRELY thrown away. It's too easy when they leave you, and hope they can still exploit you! If they don't understand this, they try to put you in the legendary friend zone, and man is this a bad thing! You'll never get back with her if this has happened. Thus, paradoxically, it would be better if she didn't talk to you at all. Helping a girl with her homework, letting her tell you her problems and all this kind of stuff will get you a ticket to the friend zone. It is totally normal if you are jealous, but I think you are not: she is, as I said before, EXPLOITING you. Don't let her. Too easy! In Italy - or better, in Emilia - we say that "she has to learn how much salt costs" (meaning that since she did something "bad", she has to pay for it, by herself). Tell her this sentence, next time she tries to use you again. Spit it out on her face. I did with my ex. Now I'm perfectly happy with my life, despite being single. I didn't need her, nor you do.

I understand that you love her and it may not seem like it through youre eyes, but she is totally screwing you over. You really don't deserve that. Theres no time to get over someone, its different for everyone. So, no, you shouldn't necessarily be over her. It makes complete sense for you to be jealous, too. If I were you, id just end ALL contact with her. As hard as it is, thats sorta the only thing left to do. One if two things will happen. One, you'll get over her and find someone new and be happy. Or two, shes gonna realize she screwed up, and miss you and come crawling back to you once she realizes you are serious and not going to put up with the BS. And if you want to take her back, thats youre choice. Good luck either way. (:

Thank You everyone. Have not spoke to her in a week. What should I do if she calls me? I have her on Facebook too. She will tell me Im ignoring her so how do I respond if this happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Giantsfan92 View Post
    Thank You everyone. Have not spoke to her in a week. What should I do if she calls me? I have her on Facebook too. She will tell me Im ignoring her so how do I respond if this happens?
    Let me be the first to say, do not even think about hitting that send button or answering that phone. You will only get pulled in again and that's the last thing you need. Avoid contact, if she persists you tell her straight forward that you don't like being used and if this starts an argument, so be it, you need to stick up for yourself! If worse comes to worse, block her online, and you can even block her calls. Hopefully that doesn't have to happen but if you feel put on the spot for something that you didn't do wrong, then there is a problem and it's rude for her to be that way because one, if she made such a commitment with her parents then why is she looking elsewhere and then coming to you to vent and talk about it? Knowing you two were close and knowing that you wanted to be with her again? Selfish and demeaning to you and you are better than that. If it were me, all connections would be cut, end of story.
    “I was never really insane except upon occasions when my heart was touched.” ― Edgar Allan Poe

Wish for a pile of shit to turn into gold hard enough and guess what? It's still a heaping pile of shit.

Honestly I am not upset that she is even looking for somebody. Its mostly the fact that she made an excuse saying it was her parents that wanted her to focus on school so she couldnt be in a relationship

i really think you should let go when you are ready to let go.

Hey bruh , im sorry to thise but she just wants your attention . Im facing the same thing as how you are facing right now . I got friendzoned . I didnt realise until my friend told me . Everytime i told her things she will get pissed off . She will thing that she is always right . I did tell her before that im being Friendzoned . She told me she she dont expect me to treat her like her boyfriend and otherwise . It sucks big time . So i decided to leave her , thus she got hurt . That made me pissed off too .. but then she asked me to leave her . So yeah i did .