+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pain Makes People do Cruel Things, Even when they are Intrinsically Good

Pain Makes People do Cruel Things, Even when they are Intrinsically Good

Do you think pain makes people do cruel things to poeple they love, even when they are intrinsically good?

meloveulongtime Guest
    Yes but don't give into the temptation. You'll regret it looking run.

Quote Originally Posted by meloveulongtime View Post
    Its not the question I asked.

meloveulongtime Guest
    YES, good people are capable of inflicting cruel revenge to fill varnibility but a mature person will think twic and not feed into the temptation..

"No" People of healthy mind, people without problem egos, people without psychological problems in general do not want to inflict pain on anyone they love. If you actually love that person, the last thing you would want to do is hurt them even if they have rejected you.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

What is the difference between an intrinsically good person and a intrinsically bad person?

You tell me!
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    You tell me!
    Somone who isn't selfish, someone who cares about how others feel.

I cant imagine ever hurting my partner-even if he hurt me. Id walk away with my head held high instead. I made him cry once and it absolutely broke my heart and made me cry for hours. Every time I thought about it i cried and felt so guilty. He never ever cries. He hasn't cried since he was a child and the fact that he cried over me was very very upsetting.

I was going through a lot of pain at the time. I Lost people close to me and was in a very bad place. One night when I was drunk I told him im not sure if I love him. I didn't mean it and I don't know why I said it. I was confused as I was numb from the grief and starting to doubt my feelings for him but it was upsetting for both of us and it took time to get past it and to show him I really do love him.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    I cant imagine ever hurting my partner-even if he hurt me. Id walk away with my head held high instead. I made him cry once and it absolutely broke my heart and made me cry for hours. Every time I thought about it i cried and felt so guilty. He never ever cries. He hasn't cried since he was a child and the fact that he cried over me was very very upsetting.

I was going through a lot of pain at the time. I Lost people close to me and was in a very bad place. One night when I was drunk I told him im not sure if I love him. I didn't mean it and I don't know why I said it. I was confused as I was numb from the grief and starting to doubt my feelings for him but it was upsetting for both of us and it took time to get past it and to show him I really do love him.
    What if he told you, that he didn't love you. and he actually didn't. What would you do then?

Everyone has a choice. But if you truly love someone, you won't hurt them no matter how much you've been hurt. Therefore, if someone is going to commit cruel acts like that, it's really showing what true colors lie below their exterior. Whether they choose to use their life for good or evil is their own choice.

meloveulongtime Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Eng.Jackadmans View Post
    What if he told you, that he didn't love you. and he actually didn't. What would you do then?
    How is this question relevant to your thread question?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Do you think pain makes people do cruel things to poeple they love, even when they are intrinsically good?
    Quote Originally Posted by meloveulongtime View Post
    Yes and this^.

I call BS on anyone who has been in a relationship of any significant length who hasn't hurt his/her partner. This is why being able to deliver sincere apologies is an important skill.

Now, I question the word 'cruel' which I define as with more intent to hurt. That's not cool.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    "No" People of healthy mind, people without problem egos, people without psychological problems in general do not want to inflict pain on anyone they love. If you actually love that person, the last thing you would want to do is hurt them even if they have rejected you.
    I disagree because your post seems to imply this dichotomy that intrinsically good people are devoid of psychological problems..
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

If we define the word "cruel" as setting out with *intent* to cause pain or damage - then NO, I don't think pain is a justifiable excuse. I believe that only people who are not intrinsically good will do such behaviour.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast