+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex GF and Friend Kiss

Ex GF and Friend Kiss

Hi everyone,

First time poster on anything like this, but I was looking for some advice. I'll keep this brief. My ex gf (20) broke up with me (26) about 5 weeks ago now, after being together 6 months. It was all quite out the blue, and to be honest I was really disappointed. She cited that she felt she didn't want a bf and that things had moved quite fast, and she felt suffocated. So I respected that and took a step back. I preferred to end things on good terms and gave her a hug as I left. I even text about an hour later to say that I was glad we got to end things on good terms and that I'd had a great time and that I'd no doubt see her out and about at some point.

After 5 weeks of no contact I found out that she got together with my friend from work. We all worked there but I left recently. It was a blow, but even more so when I found out it was the night we broke up!!

I cared about this girl so much, and although it was only 6 months I had liked her for a long time before that, so it hurts nonetheless. My friend has tried calling me and even left a voicemail saying how sorry he was, that he was beyond drunk but there was still no excuse.

My question is what to do with her? Part of me wants to contact her and tell her how it was a low blow and pretty selfish, but my other side is saying just to leave it and continue no contact. I know she's now single so can do as she pleases, but to do that to me on the night we split has hurt me and set me back a bit. I know it will ultimately help me to move on, but I still don't know how to deal with this. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

No, thats what you call a typical whorebag, dont bother communicating with that trash - plenty of fish in the sea!

Don't communicate with either of them. Karma will catch up with them. My ex did something similar to me, saying she wasn't ready for a relationship. A few weeks later I find out she was with another guy all along. It hurts, it sucks, you feel like you want to give her a piece of your mind, but believe me she isn't worth it. I cut off all contact from my ex and 5 months later she contacts me out of the blue saying how sorry she was, and that she had so much fun with me yada yada yada. What happened is karma caught up with her and she realized what she did was pretty shitty. She found out the grass wasn't greener on the other side, but that's her fault, not mine. Use this time you have being single to build yourself back up and learn from the last relationship. Reconnect with what makes you happy whether it be hobbies, sports, etc.

While you may have officially broken up with her 5 weeks ago, she had mentally and emotionally broken it off with you well before then. She had probably started eyeballing your friend since the first time she met him. Is she really worth the breath it would take you to tell her how distasteful her behavior was? Aren't you glad she let her true colors show before you invested more time into the relationship? She will soon be a distant memory.

Concentrate on you and know what qualities you expect in a mate (Love Bible Basic Elements of Love) . At 20, she may have to go through many more guys before she has even an inkling of what she really wants. Pity the guy who is next on her list and adhere to your no contact policy.

Forget about her. She is your ex, and it seems obvious now that she dumped you so she could try to hook up with your friend.

The tough question is whether you can still be friends with this guy. Ultimately, you are the only one who can decide that. Was he just a work buddy? Meaning, someone you liked to hang out with at work, but never bothered to meet up with away from work. If he was just a work buddy, forget about it, because you don't work there anymore anyway. If he was more of a friend than just a work buddy, you will need to decide if you value the friendship enough to really forgive him.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

I know some people who are like that. I pity the f...riend who has fallen for her even when he knew what she did to you. He probably thought he was better than you and that he could handle her better. Or maybe he wasn't seeking a long-term relationship. She deserved him. Don't feel too bad. It's not your fault. She has issues. I hope for her sake that she has learned her lesson.

I wouldn't consider a co-worker as a friend so easily. Co-workers act nice to each other because they have to. The reality is that a workplace is a very competitive place. In many cases, a worker doesn't realize that he or she is a target of a gossip or is about to be backstabbed. I'd watch out for your "friend" at work. He has proven his character in plain sight.
    Last edited by SingleBilingual; 10-06-13 at 03:36 PM.

"In my opinion, Its just her excuse that she is suffocated in your relationship because that truth is she loves someone else and unfortunately its your friend. Just forgive and forget but don't contact her and don't make the first move. Besides, there are more girls are worth loving than your ex. Move on and face the beauty of the world "