+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dating A Heavier Woman

Dating A Heavier Woman

I'm curious to know if any other guys on here have dated heavier women and been ridiculed for it from family, friends, and/or co-workers. Recently, I dated a girl who was overweight. She was very intelligent, motivated, and funny. Some asshole at work found out I was dating her and proceeded to check my Facebook without my knowledge. Well, to make a long story short, he saw her profile and then told all my co-workers that I was dating a "fatty". My manager came up to me and asked me if she was overweight, and I was just in shock because what's it matter to them who I date? I was pissed off and wanted to tell them all to eat shit. Now I feel like I am the laughing stock at work, and am not sure how to handle the situation. Unfortunately things didn't work out with this girl because I found out she was unfaithful, but I'm still interested in other perspectives on this issue because I feel like the people at work still laugh at me for it.

You need to go work someplace with more intelligent co-workers. I would consider meddling in private matters as harrassment. Talk to your HR department. You can date whomever you please. The problem is not the woman, the problem is your workplace culture (or lack of).

Yep, the problem isn't in your choice of woman - it's with the moronic people you work with.

You will generally find that bigotry is more common with those of lesser intelligence.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

they sound like teenage boys. jeez tell them all to f**k off and do report it to hr if you feel strongly about it. its none of their business

... and yet another good reason NOT to be member of facebook!
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

... or if you're a sheep and do join, at least put your settings on private for friends only viewing. I always wondered why people would want total strangers to see their personal business. Things that make you go 'hmmmmmm.'
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

They might have laughed at you while it was starting out, but if she was someone that really made you happy and you guys had ended up staying together, her personality would show through and the comments would start to go away. Not that you have to prove anything to your co workers, but I know exactly what you are talking about lol I deal with it myself a bit and I have found that the best thing is to disregard if you're happy with your choice and just stand strong. The less you let it affect you, the less they will continue to bother you. Good luck!

Good post, Emerald.

Bottom line for op is he's better off without her anyway. She is a cheater afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Good post, Emerald.

Bottom line for op is he's better off without her anyway. She is a cheater afterall.
    Shame it didn't work out though. Those fat girls are so desperate for the attention they'll do almost anything. Still, look on the bright side. If you're into fat women you're lucky living in the US of A (the lardy ass capital of the world).

"Lardy Ass Capital" lol.

Well, the fat lady in question was doing alright for herself.. a boyfriend and a lover, Imagine!

Thank you, and yes that is true. OP you said you feel like they continue to laugh, also try to disregard? You gave her a chance out of your better judgement and that is the best thing you could have done regardless of anyone else's judgement. You did something the rest of them would not have due to close-minded opinions, so consider that a step ahead for yourself, just some food for thought. She turned out not right for you in the end, but had she been good for you, you would have been happy and that would have been because you made that choice on your own. It would be a shame to let a relationship go because other people laugh at or judge you for who you are with. Do you know what I mean? I think you did not do anything to deserve to be laughed at, and I think maybe your co-workers have problems with themselves if they make you feel poorly for your own relationship choices.

More cusion for the pushin '

Quote Originally Posted by Emereldess View Post
    Thank you, and yes that is true. OP you said you feel like they continue to laugh, also try to disregard? You gave her a chance out of your better judgement and that is the best thing you could have done regardless of anyone else's judgement. You did something the rest of them would not have due to close-minded opinions, so consider that a step ahead for yourself, just some food for thought. She turned out not right for you in the end, but had she been good for you, you would have been happy and that would have been because you made that choice on your own. It would be a shame to let a relationship go because other people laugh at or judge you for who you are with. Do you know what I mean? I think you did not do anything to deserve to be laughed at, and I think maybe your co-workers have problems with themselves if they make you feel poorly for your own relationship choices.
    Thanks for all the posts so far. I'm not a shallow person, and have dated everything from skinny to overweight, short to tall, younger to older, to me all that doesn't matter. If I find that someone has a good heart and is fun to be around them I'm all for it. I am just half tempted to rage at my co-workers and beat them down, but I prefer to keep my record clean and not end up in jail. Believe me I've been wanting to change jobs, but have yet to find something else. I doubt anything would get done about it if I report their behavior to HR. I guess the best bit of advice is to not give 2 shits about what the think, but if they continue to make fun of me for it I may consider contacting a legal representative. Not trying to be a puss about this whole thing, but I've been through a lot this past year alone having to deal with 4 deaths in my family including my mother, and my best friend dying also. So I appreciate the feedback so far. It helps.

Change your facebook settings so you're no wide open. Future employers will be checking up on you to judge you on what you post, have posted and your personal life. Guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Change your facebook settings so you're no wide open. Future employers will be checking up on you to judge you on what you post, have posted and your personal life. Guaranteed.
    I don't post anything regarding my relationships on my wall. They just went on to find my gf's profile to see what she looks like. Going to set my friends to private.