+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How did you meet your boyfriend?

How did you meet your boyfriend?

I'm curious but how did your boyfriend approach you, and what was the situation?

typical, you always want us to make the first move...why don't you women get off your high horse and take the plunge and ask us.

In my case he started working at the same place as me after I started. I knew nothing about him until a night that myself and my foster brother (who also worked at the same place) went out with a couple coworkers on a friday night for some beers. He showed up and the next thing I knew I was (rather drunk) sitting beside him laughing away and we talked and talked for almost an hour until he started showing me pictures on his phone and telling me about his kids and where he was at. I waited until I saw a picture I really liked and told him he should send it to me, so I gave him my number. Pretty sneaky eh? Lol. So the next day we texted a bit until I finally phoned him and asked him to meet me for dinner. He was shocked, considering my age and state versus his but he was happy to go out. In the following month we dated weekly and then finally became official How about you OP? How did you meet your girlfriend? I guess this doesn't really answer your question now that I read through this, as I was the one who did the approaching lol.

Mutual friends brought me to a BBQ he was hosting 20 years ago. I held the umbrella over him while he was BBQing in the rain, we drank homemade beer and butterscotch schnapps. We connected so well that I didn't go home for two days

Still together and very happy
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

One day I just found myself thinking, "I'll meet the right guy when I meet the guy who understands what I mean when I say I believe there's a purpose and meaning to everything, and I believe there's no purpose or meaning to anything." Three days later I just decided to randomly browse through some online personals to see if I saw anyone who shared my interests. One guy in particular not only had more of my interests than anyone else I'd seen, but actually had the phase "I'm a firm believer in nothing and in everything" written in his profile. I knew I had to write to him after that. The first time we met in person, I actually didn't think he was my type. It too a few more years of being pen-pals before he won me over. We're coming up on our five year wedding anniversary, after another 8 years of dating, and I've never regretted getting together with him.
    “This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.” ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

We were best friends and both taken. I developed feelings for him and after 6 months of wondering whether it was just a crush, I finally confessed. Turned out he felt something for me too, although he had never realized it on a conscious level. We became more and more connected to each other and as we did, our mutual feelings grew stronger, until it became a full-blown emotional affair. One messy, painful year and a half later we broke up with our respective partners and started dating each other. We're almost 2 years in and happier than ever :-).

WHAT?! Girls can admit having feelings...FIRST?! Did society become more progressive in the last 10 years when I stopped paying attention?!
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

It was my 19th bday, I was out with my girl friends in a club. I had no interest in meeting anyone. Young free and single and just wanted to dance all night and drink shots lol. Afterwards I was a bit too drunk, sitting on a step waiting for the girls to go home and he just sat beside me and said "whats your name" we talked for a bit, kissed and then went and got chips. Sat on a bench and talked till like 4am and then I got a taxi home.

The next day he was in town and text me to come and meet him. I was hungover and really took my time getting ready. He waited for me for like 4 hours haha and was fairly pissed off by the time I showed up and it was awkward at first-both not knowing what to say. But eventually we just sat somewhere, had coffee and chatted for hours. It was really easy. Then he walked me home and we kissed.

It wasnt until the next date though that I realized I really liked him. All of a sudden I was nervous as hell and couldnt stop giggling like a spare twat. I laugh when Im nervous or else start fidgeting. He prob thought I was deranged. It didnt stop him asking me out again though

I'm not in a relationship anymore, but my first two boyfriends I met on chatrooms. The third one I met on Plenty of Fish. And the fourth was on Okcupid...Kind of wish I could meet a decent man in real life though without the aid of any internet site or something.

I made the move to tell a mutual friend that I was interested. Then he came over to me (I was working) and we started talking, exchanged numbers and ask me out right there. If he didn't ask me out I would have done it myself lol.

Before then I have had asked a few guys out on dates (nothing successful tho)

If I was single today, I would have np asking someone out.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by alonebeast View Post
    typical, you always want us to make the first move...why don't you women get off your high horse and take the plunge and ask us.
    don't be such a girl.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by alonebeast View Post
    WIN. Much agreement.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    WIN. Much agreement.
    You now know that women do make the first move.

Yeah. Women that would otherwise not find someone in life.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    Yeah. Women that would otherwise not find someone in life.
    False. Smackie and myself are two counter-examples to your silly statement.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast