+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need some advice about me and my girl

Need some advice about me and my girl

So my girl and I have been doing long distance since the almost the start of our relationship, started dating in jan 2010. She went away for school the following fall. So for the past 3 years she has been coming home during summer and a couple times during the year, i would go out there is well. Things have always been good between us, we were madly in love and we took vacations together really didnt have any problems.

This most recent semester however she got a great job working for the school and had to stay the summer and the subsequent year, so we decided to take a break. Our break started in Feb and it was really tough we both hated being away from each other but had no other choice. So we didn't talk for awhile and about mid april we were talking and she is saying that she doesn't know if she ever wants to get back together because she is discovering things about her self and she feels being in a relationship hinders that. The long distance definitely took its toll on her and she is very ambitious and wants to travel but doesn't feel like she can with a bf. So im pretty much asking her why she hasn't dumped me completely and she says that she loves me and doesn't want to lose me.

We still talk off and on now and she says that she loves me and she calls me once and awhile to talk and texts me aswell. She has also said things like "i still love you and i see a future with us, but i need to be strong and find some clarity in my life" she says its nothing ive done its just for herself. She has explained that she has always been really lonely without me there and with me being in her life she just misses me and is miserable there. And since she is there another year she doesnt want to be missing me and not enjoying herself. I should mention that I trust this girl 100 percent with my heart she isnt keeping me as a backup or anything like that.

Im in agony i just want to know that ill have a chance with her again. do i keep talking to her and giving her reminders why we are good together? or do i let her be?

OP if she really wanted you-she would want you to go travelling with her. She doesnt want you as a proper long term partner-she just enjoys the emotional support you provide when she needs it.

You need to let her go for your own sake. You and she would find a way to make it work if you were meant to be together and there wouldn't be any excuses.

Long distance is very hard and most couples could not survive it but its unfair that she is giving you false hope and stringing you along just because she doesn't want anyone else to have you. Thats all this is about. She doesnt really want you but shes afraid youll meet someone else and forget her so she keeps giving you false hope.

You need to tell her to cut the bullshit. Your either together or your not and its all or nothing. The only way to get over her and to heal emotionally is to cut ALL contact with her and accept its over. Then you will start to heal