+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Strong feelings for my best friend

Strong feelings for my best friend

So im a 19 year old male my best friend is a female a year younger than me. Shes currently at school while im at uni and she lives in another country from me one that i lived in before i moved to the uk for uni. We've been best friends for over a year now and ive recently started to develop strong feelings for her. We dont see each other obviously but we talk everyday through messaging and we skype every now and then.

My problem is that firstly i dont know if she would feel the same way about me as i think she might just want to be friends, but i dont know. Secondly when she comes to the uk next year for uni she wont be near me she'll be very far, so id only be able to see her like a few times a year. I dont know what to do because im finding it very hard to cope with these feelings but i think telling her how i feel might not end well and i dont want to ruin our friendship.

Please give me advice i dont know what to do.

Thanks

of course you would have feelings for her, spending that time together, but do you think it's best for her in the long run, expressing how you feel ? do you want to lose contact with her in your life ? or do you want her to be happy ?

Sometimes we need to get over it, and express something to others around us.

You'll feel even worse when you start it and she's fine with it at the beginning, but it'll get harder the more your apart, and it'll only become more realistic, once both of your education is over.

It's normal to develop your feelings with your best-friend. Both of you sharing bad and good experience to other people, sharing some problems.
    Wait for the right time to tell her how your fell.