+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Trying to tell a girl i like that i like her and want to have an relationship.

Trying to tell a girl i like that i like her and want to have an relationship.

Before i start i want to say that english is not my native language.

My name is Adde and i am 18 years old. I am graduating in 3 days and i am starting to get desperate about this girl in my class. I have liked her for the past 3 months and i can talk to her casualy. The girl i like has never had a boyfriend before. For the past 3 weeks I have started to tell my friends that i like her and asked for adviced on how to tell her that i like her. These friends of mine are girls, they are 2 and are both very good friends with the girl i like. They both support me and try to help me any way they can to get with the girl I like.

Now about the girl. My friends told me that she is like Sheeldon cooper from big bang theroy and that she is probably the hardest girl to get a relationship with. They say that she will understand if I try to flirt with her.

Yesterday we where at a party and she got VERY drunk and I asked my friends if i should tell her that i liked her. They said yes so i did after the party. I said that i like her and she responded with "yeah" and "im drunk right now". And thats it.

The next day i texted her and asked if she was busy on monday and if she wanted to hang out. Her answer was that she was busy going to the movies with her sister as a bitrhdaygift. So i asked if the next day was a better time, no response since that text.

Tomorrow my class are going to make a BBQ near a beach and she will be there for sure, i dont know what to do and i really like this girl, even love her.

Time is short, any help i appreciated.

When the two of you are together (not talking by text!) ask her if she'd like to go on a date with you. If she says "yes", then consult your diaries together and decide on a suitable day and time.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

First of all, your English is fabulous, and I wish I had the command of a second language like you do. I agree with basilandthyme about asking her on a date. I think you are infatuated with her, but real love needs time to grow - more than 3 months! Also, I don't think it is very kewl to enlist someone's friends to be the messengers and go betweens. Given what her friends said, however, I wonder if she is girlfriend material???? Good Luck. Ann
    Ann

Dude you can't get anywhere with this girl by using kid gloves. You got to seize the moment and just go right up to her and talk to her with confidence. If she starts to waver or gets anxious, smooth things over by making fun of yourself to shift the focus on you. I'm not sure what kind of experience you have, but you just need to counter act her reaction with something to make her more comfortable. Girls like that need a persistent man to take the lead.