+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My girlfriend has such bad moods

My girlfriend has such bad moods

Hey everyone,

I have been dating my girlfriend for over 10 months now and I have always known her to have really bad moods when she's in them. For the past 4 months or so she has been significantly worse than she used to be. Like she will go into bad moods over things like what time I went to bed at (I go to sleep at times like 6am and wake up at 2pm) and things like that which in my opinion isn't something to do with her. But when she gets in bad moods she gets insulting, and can even break up with me, but afterwards she is always so nice and apologetic.

When she's in a good mood she is such a nice person and I love her, but her bad moods are getting difficult to deal with. For example, something stupid that happened tonight was we were discussing people who got through on Britains got Talent (lol) and I said how one guy was so generic and how the industry is full of poser male groups and singers. She ended up getting really defensive and got annoyed at my strong opinion on the matter, and I understand I may have been a bit too strong with my opinion, but I apologised and said it was only my opinion. Then about half an hour later she was meant to be staying the night, but she said she was going to go home because she's tired and in a bad mood. I tried to get her to stay and apologised if I had offended her, but she said stuff like my opinion was stupid and I had no point - she called me a sh*t talker and when I tried to clarify that it was just my opinion she told me to f*** off.

So I said, "just go home if you're going to be like that" because I didn't want an argument, then she got up and got her stuff saying how my saying that was not wanting her to stay etc, and left.

What am I supposed to do to combat mood swings such as this?

Dont let your GF take the upperhand in the relationship srs.

On that note, tell her to stop being so crude, thats unattractive and disrespectful. If she's gonna behave like that tell her to change and if she doesn't well then its up to you if you want to put up with that crap.

Edit: you said that she breaks up with you and then gets back with you? the ****? Are you desperate or something? you're a phaggot for putting up with that shit.

Get rid of her and find a lazy ass like yourself that gets up at 2:00 pm. That way, neither of you will be sitting around waiting for the other one to get up, get an attitude about it and fight with you.

You two are totally incompatible and I'm not quite sure why you're trying to make this work. What does she bring to you that makes you stay with her? What do you bring to her that makes her keep coming back for more after she's already broken up?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Get rid of her and find a lazy ass like yourself that gets up at 2:00 pm. That way, neither of you will be sitting around waiting for the other one to get up, get an attitude about it and fight with you.

You two are totally incompatible and I'm not quite sure why you're trying to make this work. What does she bring to you that makes you stay with her? What do you bring to her that makes her keep coming back for more after she's already broken up?
    I'll place my bet on a tight teenage pussy with no boundaries or hes scared of being alone.

I'd say that you should try to make her aware of the effect her lack of emotional control and has over you and your relationship. A lot of that lack of emotional control seems to transpire when she communicates with you and she should learn to do better. She would be a happier person if she succeeded to work on that and you two would have a better relationship. Everyone has flaws but it's important to become aware of them and do something about them, especially when it affects the people in our lives so much.
    Last edited by Valixy; 02-06-13 at 07:52 AM.

Okay no need to be rude or insult me, I respect opinions other than that though.

She means a lot to me that's why I'm forgiving to her but yes it is taking it's toll at times. I'm just looking for advice at handling things like this but thanks for the opinions so far anyway the good and the bad.

Also, for the record I have mental anxiety and depression advised by my doctor, which affects my standing up for myself in situations and self confidence in conflicts.

We're not being rude, follow our advice - believe me. If you don't want to you'll learn the hard way, your call buddy...

I mean calling me a phaggot and a tight teenage pussy. Like I said I appreciate your advice, just not some of the ways people have worded said advice

I'm just blunt and honest, why else would you be with her? how can you love a woman who treats you like that? please man come on....

Well, we all have some kind of issues at some point in our lives because life really isn't that easy...

I think you've handled the situation extremely well for a guy of your age but you need to make her aware of how her behaviour affects you. She should try to show more emotional control and learn to communicate better. She really shouldn't swear at you when you have already apologised for something like that I am not sure you should have. You don't need to be made upset like that, right?
    Last edited by Valixy; 02-06-13 at 08:42 AM. Reason: adding

My point is that YOU can't do much about her bad moods unless SHE learns to do something about them. All you can do is protect yourself from the effect it may have on you. You ought to do that actually.
    Last edited by Valixy; 02-06-13 at 08:17 AM.

Not being able to stand up for yourself because of your anxiety is no reason for her behavior. She who she is. I doubt very highly she will come to terms with the way she is treating you no matter how well you communicate to her how it affects you and your relationship. You may love her dearly like no other, but you need to have some self worth and self respect. Why should you put up with her abusive nature? because you love her? It's an unhealthy relationship and until she gets herself some help, this will only escalate. Don't kid yourself, it could turn violent...what then? You let her keep getting away with it? I'll tell you something.....loving relationships are not like this.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextur View Post
    Hey everyone,

I have been dating my girlfriend for over 10 months now and I have always known her to have really bad moods when she's in them. For the past 4 months or so she has been significantly worse than she used to be. Like she will go into bad moods over things like what time I went to bed at (I go to sleep at times like 6am and wake up at 2pm) and things like that which in my opinion isn't something to do with her. But when she gets in bad moods she gets insulting, and can even break up with me, but afterwards she is always so nice and apologetic.

When she's in a good mood she is such a nice person and I love her, but her bad moods are getting difficult to deal with. For example, something stupid that happened tonight was we were discussing people who got through on Britains got Talent (lol) and I said how one guy was so generic and how the industry is full of poser male groups and singers. She ended up getting really defensive and got annoyed at my strong opinion on the matter, and I understand I may have been a bit too strong with my opinion, but I apologised and said it was only my opinion. Then about half an hour later she was meant to be staying the night, but she said she was going to go home because she's tired and in a bad mood. I tried to get her to stay and apologised if I had offended her, but she said stuff like my opinion was stupid and I had no point - she called me a sh*t talker and when I tried to clarify that it was just my opinion she told me to f*** off.

So I said, "just go home if you're going to be like that" because I didn't want an argument, then she got up and got her stuff saying how my saying that was not wanting her to stay etc, and left.

She might just be a bitch, but it is also possible that you exude a lot of negative energy, and she is getting sick of hearing it. Are you typically critical of other people? Because if you are, it DOES become draining after a while.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast