+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tired of nice guy finishing last

Tired of nice guy finishing last

when i date a girl i treat her right, im tired of girls always leaving me saying im a nice guy but its not working out. I dont over do it all either. I mean there's nights where I'll cook dinner for her, or i'll go take her to look at the stars.

I mean i'm a romantic guy but it seems like girls just want a guy who will treat her like apiece of meat. I'm not like that at all.

Why do us nice guys always get screwed over?

The romance is put on way too soon. You need to just be casual, a little aloof, be a challenge....don't give anything away that you really like them....make them earn your attention. This looks masculine to the ladies. This is not treating them like crap, this is stopping you from looking eager, needy. Shielding your emotions and be mysterious stirs interest,. So all you have to do is tweek things a little bit, that is it.

Don't worry. Eventually you'll land women...The reason they'll stick with you is their looks are fading and they're getting older so they need someone to leech off of financially.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Quote Originally Posted by tylerspoke View Post
    when i date a girl i treat her right, im tired of girls always leaving me saying im a nice guy but its not working out. I dont over do it all either. I mean there's nights where i'll cook dinner for her, or i'll go take her to look at the stars.

I mean i'm a romantic guy but it seems like girls just want a guy who will treat her like apiece of meat. I'm not like that at all.

god if u dont have the answer i dont either! Im always getting the screw job! Women want a man to be a ****ing ass

So not true....women don't want to be with a wuss.....

Well, none of us guys in this thread are wusses..
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

ya I recall a guy that was bouncing off the walls with anxiety when a girl suggested meeting up for a simple coffee date.

I, as a woman, would NOT want some guy i just met:

1. Cooking me dinner... that is something intimate and I'd not want to be doing that until our relationship has been established.

2. Have you take me to see the stars.... that is something intimate and I'd not want you doing it until we had been on several dates and were obviously on the same page.

I agree with Smackie. Keep it fun and casual at first and I'll add ~ in public places.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    ya I recall a guy that was bouncing off the walls with anxiety when a girl suggested meeting up for a simple coffee date.
    Who was that?

women do not want an ass who treats them like dirt. you got that all wrong. only the psychologically or emotionally damaged ones want that.

men (particularly men in their mid twenties) fall in love faster than women do. we are more cautious in the infatuation stage and afraid of getting hurt.

the mistake your making is being too romantic, too affectionate, too full on too soon. you gotta follow her lead.

also we dont want a wuss or a doormat. we want a man we can look up to and respect. confidence, assertivness and self-assurance will win everytime.

what you guys dont realize is there is a big difference between being confident nice guy, just being a cocky prick and being a too nice doormat.

most women want a nice bloke but one with self-respect whos not a pushover, who wont let her treat him badly either.

she needs to respect you and trust you before she will start to love you
    Last edited by michelle23; 03-06-13 at 07:10 AM.

ill give you one more tip guys: stop feeling sorry for yourselves and being so negative. stop blaming women for all your problems. that is the most unattractive thing in the world. instead take a deeper look at yourselves and try to figure out WHY women run from you and focus on changing that.

YC you have no excuse-the reason your single is coz you lack the balls to even say hello to a girl. no offence but the rest of you-stop pussyfooting around her, putting her on a pedastal, treating her like a freaking queen and kissing her ass. shes no better than you and you should treat her the same way you expect to be treated.

Quote Originally Posted by tylerspoke View Post
    when i date a girl i treat her right, im tired of girls always leaving me saying im a nice guy but its not working out. I dont over do it all either. I mean there's nights where I'll cook dinner for her, or i'll go take her to look at the stars.

Maybe because it looks like you're the woman here?

But seriously, it's your own fault - it's not about being nice or being an ass, it's just about appealing to someone and unfortunately humans are shallow so get used to it.

It's not the nice guy that is getting screwed.
    It's the manipulative guy who think he is nice that is being screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    I, as a woman, would NOT want some guy i just met:

1. Cooking me dinner... that is something intimate and I'd not want to be doing that until our relationship has been established.

2. Have you take me to see the stars.... that is something intimate and I'd not want you doing it until we had been on several dates and were obviously on the same page.

I agree with Smackie. Keep it fun and casual at first and I'll add ~ in public places.
    cooking a girl a dinner after being with her 5-6 weeks isntto much i think

As I said "someone I just met" 5-6 weeks would depend on just how many times we had been out with one another. "Being with her" is subjective. You could "be with her" for 6 weeks and have only had two or three dates in that time. Even once a week dates is only 5-6 times spent together with an average time together being say, 4 hours each time, thats only getting to know someone 20 or so hours which is STILL someone I don't really know. Ya see?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast