+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Different emotional lever. Can it hold for a long lasting relationship?

Different emotional lever. Can it hold for a long lasting relationship?

Ops, I meant "level"

Please, answer only if you KNOW from experience what you are talking about, not just opinions and guesses.

I am 30, she is 23. I am with her for six month. During this period we only met for two weeks twice in real life, the rest is on the SMS and phone due to 1500 km distance. I find her beautiful as Goddess. We have "electricity" through touch. And in bed of course everything`s on high level. We communicate many hours every day, I can`t say she is boring but I miss sarcasm and figure of speech sentences. She is a polite girl but not too ordinary, she has humor, fantasy and life in her.

The problem is........ when I talk to her, her voice is not as emotional as mine. Her voice is somewhere in between on the scale of emotionalism while mine is quite above the average, I am very energetic, expressive when talk and expressive in writing. So, I feel discomfort when talking with her, I don`t get enough emotions from her voice and I feel kind of in a sleep state because of that, another way to say - I get a bit bored. And I have something to compare to- My Ex: Italian, emotional as hell, too emotional some times. But in bed was a problem, nature did`t make us for one another in bed so we broke up after three years.

So, I wonder if this can hold for a long lasting relationship with children and all package.
    Last edited by TheScorpionC; 03-06-13 at 02:58 AM.

Interesting... The language you speak together is the native language for both of you?
    Last edited by Valixy; 03-06-13 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by valixy View Post
    Interesting... The language you speak together is your native language for both of you?
    Yes While with my Ex it was English which is not our first language
    With my current girlfriend we both speak Russian which is our first language

What you are talking about is what we call a deal breaker. Yes I have ended relationships because there was something that was lacking, or I wasn't satisfied with. The longer I held out, the more it amplified in something I couldn't stand anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    What you are talking about is what we call a deal breaker. Yes I have ended relationships because there was something that was lacking, or I wasn't satisfied with. The longer I held out, the more it amplified in something I couldn't stand anymore.
    Mmmmmmm.. And now say in a way that someone else understands it too.

If this bothers you so much right now, the longer you stay with her the bigger the issue it will become. What you want is a personality trait that she doesn't have. So you either suck it up and accept her lack luster enthusiasm when she talks to you and enjoy her other qualities, or you find someone else that can entice you with their talk.

i think what your looking for is more passion in her voice? i kinda understand what you mean. i find people who speak in the same mono-tone all the time quite irritating and seriously boring-people who never change the tone, pitch or volume of their voice and. it. sounds. like. they. are. talking. like. this. so annoying uh!

if shes that bad then ya i wouldnt blame you if you wanted to dump her..

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    ^^^this.

Specifically, you'll come to resent it, and so will she.

If you can't stand it, move on.

You're living miles apart from each other. You've only spent 2 weeks together in six months so what really is the point? Why not find a girlfriend who you can actually get to see every week instead of all this Skpe rubbish.