+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I need advice on getting back with my ex girlfriend

I need advice on getting back with my ex girlfriend

Ok so here's the story:

Me and my girlfriend were together for 1 year and 5 months. Things were great and we were in love..or at least i thought so. About 3 days ago she tells me that she wants to talk so we go out and i feel something's wrong but i ignore that feeling so we walk around the city and have a normal conversation and then we sit down and she says: "okay, i've been thinking about some things" and i knew that instant what that means and i said: "you're breaking up with me aren't you?"

So she says yes and she starts crying and i ask her why she would want to break up and she says that she feels like we're sort of more like friends than a couple because we have a semi-long distance relationship and we talk mostly on Facebook. She tells me that she enjoys the time when we are together but it bothers her that we don't get together more often. So i ask her if she loved me and she says i wouldn't be with you if i didn't, i ask her if she found someone else and she says no and i believe her. She says that it's not my fault and that she is also to blame for this breakup cause of her different way of thinking about how things are between us. So we walk towards my building and she holds the umbrella up for me cause it's raining...when we get to where i live she says: "see you" with a very sad voice and i kiss her on the lips and she hugs me tight. When i stop kissing her we hug and she kisses me on the cheek...we stand there in the rain for about 5 minutes just hugging and crying...and i can't take it anymore and i leave with tears in my eyes and say goodbye.....

I still don't really understand what happened even after 3 days of thinking. I know i still love her and i want her back....the question is what i should do next.

Does she still love me ? will the no contact rule work with someone that ends a relationship because they feel there is too little contact other than Facebook talk ? i mean if she felt like i was neglecting her then, what will she think if i just ignore her now

I need some advice i'm really sad and don't know what to do.

I'm sorry for the long post

This has nothing to do with distance or wanting more....sometimes the feelings just dissolve (honeymoon period lasts between 6 months to a year and a half). There is nothing you can do but try to not think about it by keeping busy. I know you feel at a loss, of course who wouldn't after getting the shitty end of the break up right? And the initial reaction is to take some kind of action, but the best thing you can do is to try to grieve your loss and move on. Since she was the one that wanted to end it, she is the one that makes the decision to come back. Give her, her space. Maybe she will regret it who knows, only time will tell. In the meantime, try to heal.