+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Not showing any affections and not confiding in me?

Not showing any affections and not confiding in me?

Hi I've been involved with my kids father on and off for over 14 years (were both in out early 30's) and he does not show me affection and says I require too much attention. He also doesn't really have too much to say to me because he says he can't because of the type of person I am. So he never confides in me he only tells me dumb stuff like oh his neighbor is hot and I shouldn't get mad if he were to sleep with her or he'll just come out of the blue and tell me little info about things going on but nothing big in his life nothing major we do not have regular conversations its just a lot of silence. He confides a lot in his friends more so than me I feel like I'm not worth more than just having his kids and having sex with him when he wants it. What advice would give me or us?

you sound like a doormat. the only advice ill give is to get rid of him. youve wasted so much time on a loser, a cheat,an asshole who has no respect for you, no empathy for your feelings and defo doesnt love you.

do you want that kinda role model for your kids? seriously?

do you not realize there are better men in the world? ones that would never hurt you and love you with all their heart?

sorry love but your throwing your life away

Please...don't allow him to humiliate you, use you and hurt you more than he's done until now. He hasn't changed in all these years, so stop hoping for this to happen and don't get involved with him romantically or sexually anymore. You need to figure out what you want from life for you and your children, become happy and stable and the right man will come too.

Thank you for the advice

I thought maybe we would work out but he keeps showing how unappreciative he is when I'm around.

lalalita Guest
    Have you ever left for an extended period of time with no contact?

In what way? You mean have I stayed out his life for a long period of time? If so yes for almost a year on more than one occasion

so why do you keep going back? hes not going to change. that is obvious. you should try to be strong, tell him it is over, have no contact with him unless its just for him to see the kids, dont let him in your house, tell him he can take the kids somewhere else if he wants to spend time with them. i wouldnt be surprised though if hes a terrible dad too.

you need to get him outa your life. dont waste anymore time on him. you can do better