+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Helping a friend

Helping a friend

You ever get the sense, that sometimes good advice just goes over their head ?
    I got this buddy where he likes to workout, okay so do I, but in moderation.

I wanted him to finally try out dancing, but he would rather to the gym and do cardio because the previous day he snacked too much, shouldn't he be aware of how much he eats ?

Instead of learning something new and possibly attracting women with his new skill, he would rather go to gym surrounded by men.

It's only once a week, he had 6 days for exercise and even afterwards, since it starts early.

thank you for your post .

Cast not your pearls before swine.

You can't really expect to keep this friend nor proselytize him to dancing with lectures. That isn't the way to influence a person. Most will tune you out if you lecture them instead of talk on a level with them and sympathize.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    A lot of males are dance-phobic. Maybe he isn't really interested in dancing, and is too polite to say so.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Vashti has a VERY good point. Most guys in North America are conditioned to think learning to dance is effeminate so most won't. A lot of guys know how to dance preternaturally so they don't have to deal with it. I guess he's not receptive to it, so don't bring it up with him really unless he asks you. Notice that you said "I wanted him to": he doesn't seem to want to so you have to respect that. Maybe someday he'll ask.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Has he actually asked for your guidance or advice?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Unsolicited advice is sometimes looked upon with disdain. Perhaps, if your friend could see that you gained something out of dancing, he might just go your way, but while he's adamant about it, better steer clear of him, you might just end up arguing.