+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: is it easier to be alone?

youll be fine alonebeast stay positive. go out with your friends, shoot some pool, join a new hobby, focus on work, study, spend time with family. stay busy and active. being single can be fun for awhile especially when you accept that its the best thing for you right now.

if you hop into something new too fast, youll prob enjoy the infatuation stage but once that wears off, youll realize your not ready, shell just be a rebound and youll hurt her.

take your time. 6months single wont kill you and youll be in a very good place emotionally by then. strong and confident with high standards and youll meet someone great

best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    I didn't say sex: I said experiencing many different girls. Just dating or friendships or relationships. When one delves into philosophy and lives the absurdity of a Camus novel, all one can believe in is getting girls. Only thing makes sense. Everyone judges a guy based on his ability to get girls, partially Darwinian in nature too, so now you have an element of not living as nature intended which means being a failure.

Was in a faux relationship once, real stupid thing. Didn't even go on a date, either..
    actually most people are too wrapped up in their own problems to really give a s**t about whether or not you have a girlfriend.

personally i couldnt give a toss. it doesnt make you any less worthy than anyone else. it just means you dont have much self confidence or self belief which is a shame

No. Here in America if you get into an argument with someone, even if you're right, you automatically lose based on your ability to get girls or not: "Look at this virgin chump. LOLOLOL" *everyone else laughs*
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Thanks Michelle, I will take all that advice onboard, and young cosmo is right to a certain degree, because I know how the mentality is in America, its very cut throat, a lot of emphasis is put on sex, and having it.

However young cosmo you cant live your life how u think everyone wants u to, live it how u want to and u will succeed

I didn't say sex: I said experiencing many different girls.
    I said "success with the opposite sex (or same sex in some cases)". I meant "sex" as in "gender".

Here in America if you get into an argument with someone, even if you're right, you automatically lose based on your ability to get girls or not: "Look at this virgin chump. LOLOLOL" *everyone else laughs*
    Wow. If that's true, no wonder you are so fixated on the issue. You make it sound like everyone is mean and dumb in the USA...

yes coz america is run by the media and no offence but a lot of people are warped and believe every bulls**t stereotype they have ever heard.

its nobodys business. its your life. let them all f**k off.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Wow. If that's true, no wonder you are so fixated on the issue. You make it sound like everyone is mean and dumb in the USA...
    This really is a very common thing. That's what I had trouble being confident at a previous job: it just felt so disgustingly unsexy and reeked of not ever getting laid (or meeting girls). I felt ashamed every day I worked there.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Quote Originally Posted by alonebeast View Post
    thanks you just made me feel much worse...
    Do not take anything YC says to heart because he's got self deprecation issues that he won't address with a therapist. (Not said in malice)
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I wont take anything YC says , also YC this was my thread so if you want to start your own feel free, but don't piss all over mine,
    if you cant learn to love yourself and life you wont get anywhere,

This really is a very common thing. That's what I had trouble being confident at a previous job: it just felt so disgustingly unsexy and reeked of not ever getting laid (or meeting girls). I felt ashamed every day I worked there.
    stop basing your self worth on sex. jeez people dont know your a virgin unless you tell them. stop feeling sorry for yourself and go and talk to a girl. youve got nothing to lose

Quote Originally Posted by alonebeast View Post
    I wont take anything YC says , also YC this was my thread so if you want to start your own feel free, but don't piss all over mine,
    if you cant learn to love yourself and life you wont get anywhere,
    Hear, hear. Well done.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

thank you!

soo what do you plan to do now alonebeast?

I plan on not sitting her trying to get women to talk to me alone, and not go out everytime with my friends and try and hit on women because I feel I need a girlfriend I intend on working on my finances and clearing some debts, buying myself some new cloths, and trying to fix my flat up a bit it needs some work done, also I want to change my car I have had this horrible Renault clio for a year now because I needed a cheaper car so I could keep money aside to buy my ex things, but now I want something sporty and fun for myself.

Also I want to do more for my family and be more social with my friends, I was going to go speed dating tomorrow but instead I am going to go for a drink with my friends and enjoy the good weather London is having,
    x

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast