+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: is it easier to be alone?

is it easier to be alone?

After my break up in March, I have had no luck with the fairer sex at all, I have tried online, spoken to women in person, tried as much as I could, but nothing seems to have worked and the more I think on it, is it easier to be single that way I don't have to worry about anyone hurting me in a year or two or 3 or 10...
    any thoughts sorry just feel so down

Almost 40 years together with the same man and going strong here, Alonebeast. Don't give up just yet. Key is to find someone who is compatible, that you have fun with, that you are on the same page as to sexual dynamics and relationship boundaries. Once you've done that, feel free to stop looking. Oh and "have fun with is as important as anything" so enjoying the same leisure activities together is always good.

Its only been three months since you have been 'womanless.' Give yourself a rest and just live your life learning how to be independent, financially responsible, honing your caree and getting involved with hobbies and things that will make you the best you that you can be. Once ya got all that down, then you'll be all set to find your LIFEmate.

Life is good, Beast.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 06-06-13 at 11:50 PM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

thank you for your words of wisdom, I definitely echo the part about finding myself again and sorting my life out again and become more stable and having a good social life is a must, I agree, and I know 3 months is very soon, I think the key is to better myself not for someone but for myself so I can be content 100%

Thank you those words actually meant a lot to me

There ya go, Beast. Awesome attitude. Onward and upward ye go.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

thanks yeah, No point in sitting here wondering why women wont talk to me, obviously they will when the right one comes along, hence having relationships before...
    I need to stop reading into things and get on with my life and enjoy it and wait for the right lady to come along

youve only been single for 3 months man. Thats nothing. Learn to be happy on your own for now, set your standards high, wait until you meet someone you connect with. Stop looking around desperately hoping somebody, anybody will take away your loneliness. That is called settling and it wont make you happy. Give yourself time

Problem solved. All is right in the world again.

thanks michelle23, dem862, problem not exactly solved all of this takes time and effort, just because I am going to be single and try an cope doesn't mean I wont still feel hurt or lonely...

**** no. Being alone is the worst. It makes living infinitely harder to live (or find worth in).
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    **** no. Being alone is the worst. It makes living infinitely harder to live (or find worth in).
    thanks you just made me feel much worse...

Hey, you asked for thoughts on the subject. You've been in a relationship so things are comparably easier for you than for me so you shouldn't have any issues.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

have u never had a relationship before:?

Beast, YC only says so because he bases his self-worth (and anyone else's worth) on their success with the opposite sex (or same sex in some cases). He believes that a man is less of a man if he hasn't slept with several women, etc. Usually it's only kids, inexperienced or very immature/dumb persons who think this way.

Don't let that warped mindset affect your own. Three months is nothing, your whole life is ahead. Make it a good one, focus on yourself and on being happy and independent. When you reach that stage, having a woman by your side is only going to be the cherry on top of the already delicious cake.
    Last edited by searock; 07-06-13 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Beast, YC only says so because he bases his self-worth (and anyone else's worth) on their success with the opposite sex (or same sex in some cases). He believes that a man is less of a man if he hasn't slept with several women, etc. Usually it's only kids, inexperienced or very immature/dumb persons who think this way.

Don't let that warped mindset effect your own. Three months is nothing, your whole life is ahead. Make it a good one, focus on yourself and on being happy and independent. When you reach that stage, having a woman by your side is only going to be the cherry on top of the already delicious cake.
    thank you very much I agree with this and if that is what he believes then he is wrong, life has much more to offer

I didn't say sex: I said experiencing many different girls. Just dating or friendships or relationships. When one delves into philosophy and lives the absurdity of a Camus novel, all one can believe in is getting girls. Only thing makes sense. Everyone judges a guy based on his ability to get girls, partially Darwinian in nature too, so now you have an element of not living as nature intended which means being a failure.

Was in a faux relationship once, real stupid thing. Didn't even go on a date, either..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast