+ Follow This Topic

Thread: *tears*

I live in Winfield, KS, but hopefully will move to Wichita soon.

*tears*

My boyfriend of 8 months and I have just recently split up. Not because we don't love each other anymore, not because one of us cheated on the other, but because I moved. We've been through a lot together and I can't imagine being without him. He was my first kiss and the person I've fallen in love with. There's nothing I wouldn't do to go back so I could be with him, but it's very unlikely that will happen. It's not too far away, but far enough that his mother doesn't want him with me. I still talk to him sometimes, online and rarely on the phone. We're both 17, he's about to be 18. I have about a year before I am and then I can move back, but until then I don't know what could happen. I just hate being apart from him. Words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated. Thankies ~Tink
    Last edited by LoveForever; 29-06-05 at 02:34 AM.

ah.. young love. i forgot what it feels like.

if he really loves you and much as you love him, then you guys will find a way to make it work, not to encourage any rebellion against his mom.

if in a year's time, feelings dissolve, then, you just gotta move on.

and yes, exploration is good too.
    "Ogres are like onions."

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hey, the same thing happened to me when I was around the same age. I moved about 700 miles away from my first love. We were determined to stay together though, so we phoned and emailed almost every day. We flew back and forth to visit each other every few months (this went on for about a year). By then I'd saved up enough money to move back. We ended up staying together for 3 more years after that! So who knows??? (In retrospect though, I wish I would've stayed there, moved on, and met other guys).

Just do what feels right for you. If you wat to stay broken up, its not the worst decision, it will give you a chance to move on and experience new things in your life. Losing your first love is a horrible feeling, and you never forget them. But you do move past it. Lots of luck.

You need to move on. Imagine life 50 years from now having only been with 1 person. Only kissed 1 person. Only dated 1 person. Ugh. How dull you would become.

10 years from now you will look back and say "Damn, those years sucked, but I am happier now." Hell, even Bluesummer pointed out the years she wasted pining over some dude she never wound up with "forever".

Your mother obviously has her finger in this relationship somehow. Why does she not want the 2 of you dating? I'm sure there is some sort of reasoning there.

The sooner you accept reality - the reality that life will only get better the sooner you get over him - The better off you will both be.

But hey, what do I know. You probably won't listen to me. But in another 10 years I want you to email me and tell me if I was right or wrong. Because I can tell you right now, that if I took a poll of everyone here who has been in this situation, 10 years later, I bet you over 98% of them aren't with the same person.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

I live in Winfield, KS, but hopefully will move to Wichita soon.
    Well, I understand that Cybog. I've taken this as an opportunity for me to experiment since I haven't yet done that. It's not my mom that doesn't want us together it's his. The only reason she has is that I live an hour away and she thinks it's unhealthy for people our age to be commited to a distanced relationship. Which I can understand. I've always known that as much as I feel like I could spend forever with this one person how very unlikely it would be. Thanks you guys.
    "Friends are like bra's, close to your heart and all about support!"

LoveForever, just think of this as a test of your relationship. If you guys survive this long distance, the it'll only make your relationship stronger. If it fails, then is wasn't meant to be. Just don't hold too much hope for this. People change. U will, and He will. In these situations, hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst. Good luck with that.

PlayaZ