+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I dumped him and he wanted to be friends - WHY?

I dumped him and he wanted to be friends - WHY?

So I broke up with this guy after about 3 months of dating. I thought he would just stop talking to me and never see me again but we became best friends right after! We would talk everyday. Then I moved away and we still talked/emailed everyday. We would even talk about our new relationship issues (though neither of us had a gf/bf). We would even visit each other and we would hook up and sometimes even act like we were still together. We talked about never getting back together because we weren't really compatible in the long run. My question is why would he want to be close friends after a breakup? Don't most people when they get dumped to totally cut off contact? He has a girlfriend now and we don't talk at all anymore. I know girls don't like other girls encroaching on their new bf, but to totally cut off contact? Does he not care about me anymore?

No, he doesn't care about you at all.

he prob only stayed friends with you in the hope youd get back together. now hes finally moved on so be happy for him and let him go. being friends with exes is a dealbreaker to most healthy men and women. if he wants any gf then he cant have you in his life

I'm surprised nobody cut to the core: he liked having you around BECAUSE you two would hook up. Conversation and I'm assuming sex...all for free without the attachment and drama of a relationship? Most guys would say "Sign me up!"
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

sloots gonna sloot