+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guys, what would you think of a 22 year old virgin?

Guys, what would you think of a 22 year old virgin?

I am a 22 year old girl and even though people tell me I'm pretty, men look at me quite a bit and I get hit on, I never had a real bf and I am still a virgin. I've had occasions in the past but I just never did anything about it because I don't want my first time to be with someone that I either don't truly love or that I love but doesn't really love me... I don't want it to be a casual hook up either. I'm quite shy I must admit, it can take me a bit of time to feel really comfortable with a guy, and I'm also not a girly-girl who falls in love every 2 months and within a few days. Even when I'm attracted and troubled by a guy, I need to take the time to get to know him, to become friend with him, to discover the small details that distinguishes him from the others to develop solid romantic feelings and be able to start a relationship. I think time, a bit of longing, make the feelings way more intense, so why sleeping with a charming guy you've met very recently when you could wait a few weeks or more and make all the sensations way stronger ? I am not religious at all, just romantic, maybe a bit too much, but I just want my first time to be with someone special to whom I will also be special. Anyways, I'm now 22 and getting a bit tired of waiting for love... am I being too idealistic and romantic, should I just stop making a big deal about this and go for a guy I'm not necessarily that thrilled about ? I don't want to... but I'm also a bit worried about what would a guy I like and date think of me still being a virgin. What would you guys think if you'd meet a girl from my age, kind of like her and start dating her, and discover she is still a virgin ? How would you react ? Would it be a turn-off, or would you be glad she wants to give it to you ? Thanks in advance !

I am female, so I hope you don't mind that I comment.

You are a 22yr old virgin and I think that is great! Good for you, for being able to recognize that a real connection with a man takes a while to develop. I waited until I was 18 to have sex for the first time and I think it was the perfect time for me. My hormones couldn't wait any longer! So, I started to date a guy a few years older than me...who I knew respected me and cared about me. We were together for about 4 years. I felt safe with him and he loved me. Wait for the right guy to come along, he will. There is no age/time limit...just wait for someone to come along that you are really attracted to and develop a friendship first. Don't be self conscious about being a virgin, that is the reality and there is no point second guessing your decision to stay a virgin. Any man who really cares about you will respect you for who you are...and prob. be excited that you are a virgin still! Don't give up hope...you are soooo young! You will find love.

You sound like the perfect match for a good friend of mine, you both share a similar belief, though he's 24 and still a virgin as far as I know.

I find nothing wrong about your choice, in fact, I encourage it. I would probably fall for you.

I'm a girl and I don't think there's anything wrong with being a virgin at 22. I agree with you that it's best to wait for the right guy, rather than jump in bed with someone you don't feel entirely comfortable with. So, no rush and don't worry :-).

The only negative aspect of this is that you will probably attract creepy and/or extremely insecure guys who have a fetish for virgin girls. Just make sure you avoid those creeps and you'll be fine.

^ Thanks... lol

That's a really beautiful thing!
    Last edited by toknow; 11-06-13 at 05:45 AM.

A girl like that is to be highly valued!

You are not too idealistic at all. All you have to do to have what you want is believe, desire it and not stop.
    Do not settle for the empty sexual experience with someone you have no feelings for, it really is not worth it and it will taint what you will experience with someone who you will love.
    Last edited by toknow; 11-06-13 at 05:49 AM.

I think that's very mature. There is nothing wrong with that at all. I like your attitude, how you don't want to rush anything and want it to be the right thing. Assuming I was your age and a girl that I'd start develop feelings towards told me she was a virgin, I'd definitely have no problem at all with it. Nobody but you should have a say in your sexual life. Don't rush it. I'm sure you'll find an amazing guy. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I feel sorry for you because I think you are holding yourself back from really trusting someone or your expectations are too high. You are 22 and never found love yet....there is something not right there. Too shy, reserved, hoping for a man on a white horse is a no go. I think you need to be more open to at least kissing and touching or you will keep having missed opportunity. The longer you wait the more anxiety about sex you will have. If you want to attract, you need to be in touch more with your sexuality...feel sexy, be more sexy, be able to show sexual desire, flirt, etc. Try taking a stripping class, flirting class, take classes on how to have better fourplay.

Nothing wrong with being a virgin......but there is something not right with having trouble find a good man. They are everywhere....you are not putting yourself out there to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    The only negative aspect of this is that you will probably attract creepy and/or extremely insecure guys who have a fetish for virgin girls.
    2-3 posts later...

Quote Originally Posted by toknow View Post
    That's a really beautiful thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by toknow
    A girl like that is to be highly valued!
    This board kills me sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by dickriculous View Post
    2-3 posts later...

This board kills me sometimes
    ROFL...dickriculous, you're so naive. You put too much weight into searock's empty words, which reflect her more than they could speak of anyone else.
    Last edited by toknow; 11-06-13 at 11:55 PM.

ROFL...dickriculous, you're so naive. You put too much weight into searock's empty words, which reflect her more than they could speak of anyone else.
    LOL... how's the weather back there in the 13th century?
    Last edited by searock; 12-06-13 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    LOL... how's the weather back there in the 13th century?
    LOL...You should tell me, in the 13th century there were a lot of people like you.

LOL...You should tell me, in the 13th century there were a lot of people like you.
    Like me how?

Way to cunt it up over nothing brah. I wasn't putting any weight into searock's words, I neither voiced agreement nor disagreement with her. I was merely laughing at how perfectly that was set up, even you should've been able to see the humor in that.

Now, since you feel the need to baselessly and backwardly accuse your intellectual superiors of being "naive", how about explaining your silly little knee jerk reaction over what was supposed to be nothing more than a humorous observation on my part? I suppose that would be more "hypersensitive" than "naive" if we're being entirely literal but the two often go hand in hand so it certainly fits better than your clueless little accusation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast