+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice needed-am I crazy?

Advice needed-am I crazy?

greetings loveforum~

I come here today looking for some advice. I am currently in an online relationship and have been for some time. My partner and I have been slowly falling away from each other, and just recently had a blow of words.

I have huge trust issues, as I am sure alot of people do and my partner is aware of this and past situations that have led me to this. I have caught him contacting an ex asking why she hasn't contacted him, as well as seen with my own eyes a conversation between him and a female where the female told him she was interested in him and he told her where he spends his free time and that she should hang out there sometime. When I told him I knew about it, he tried to tell me he was just being friendly because she seemed like she wanted friends.

We have been communicating less and less recently and it has only made my trust and worry worse. In my mind I am combining these 2 past issues with the fact that he seems to have less interest in talking, and he will randomly disappear and I won't hear from him for hours or the next day.

Today we argued, I told him why I felt the way I did in the least in your face way as possible, after he iniated the conversation saying he felt like I didn't trust him. He responded with some very harsh accusations regarding the fact I am agoraphobic and have a fear of traveling to meet him, and a few other things that he really pulled out of his ass that implied I am a whore. Saying I do questionable things too,but he loves me so he ignores them. There is no comparison for the record-I have never put him in a situation where I am contacting ex's or other males and he has had to find out about it.

I am so hurt and shocked by what he said to me, I don't know what to do. This is a person I have told my life's story, which is full of cheating ex's, sexual abuse from a so-called friend, and extreme self-esteem issues. He is trying to backtrack and say he doesn't think those things, he was just making an example of how situations can be taken the wrong way, but I feel like I have been slapped in the face. Am I over-reacting?

Well not really BUT this type of realtionship does no body any favors. You have put yourself in a bad situation. It causes all kinds of anxiety, insecurity, and feelings of helplessness...why? because IT"S OVER THE INTERNET! There is no control, no physical contact, so there can't be any real trust.

It's time to drop this silliness and push yourself away from the computer....go out and meet guys in real life.

So you have a history of cheating exes? Maybe you need to A. look at the type of guys you choose to date, or B. look at good look at yourself and see if your behavior is scaring these guys into the arms of another.

How long have u guys been together? This does not sound like either of you are happy. People who have trust issues have an even harder time with long distance. Having a long distance relationship is hard enough. You need trust and communication and u aren't getting any of that. Find someone closer.