+ Follow This Topic

Thread: So I met up with my ex tonight...

So I met up with my ex tonight...

And I must say it went pretty good!
    We got closure on the old relationship, and are grieving for it together. He told me that he doesn't feel the same right now about me as he used to after one fall out too many, and I agreed with him, but told him I'm not giving up as he is the one I want to be with!

We got talking about where we went wrong (miscommunication being the main thing everything boiled down to!) and agreed to work on that together now as friends! We were friends before the relationship and are going to be friends again now. We've agreed to keep our love lives to ourselves however.
    Then he came up with the idea of trying again, once we work out our issues and get back to where we were as friends before our relationship (as much as possible anyway)!

Words cannot describe how happy I am right now that he is thinking along the same lines as me. We've agreed we aren't putting our lives on hold, but both aren't in any rush to find someone knew either.

I just wanted to share my story after all of my posts about how to get him back ect! Hopefully after a few months, I'll be able to put up another update that we're dating again, or that we're back together!

To be honest with you, I'm a bit skeptical that you can really be just friends with him. It's obvious he's much more than a friend to you. Hopefully he feels the same way and you guys can make the relationship official soon. Otherwise, I fear that you will get hurt. Good luck though.
    “This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.” ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

i think its a bad idea. "he doesnt feel the same way" its highly unlikely that will change in the future. if he really wanted you-youd be together now. hes trying to spare your feelings and letting you down gently (my guess) but all he has done is give you false hope which will hurt you more.

id never keep an ex in my life as a friend. its all or nothing. id rather have nothing and move on then stay stuck in limbo wondering will he ever change his mind.

if you really want him back-the best chance of that ever happening is to cut contact, give him time to miss you. let him go. he will come back to you if he changes his mind and by then you may have figured out you dont need him.. move on, go on a few dates, start living your life without him.

hell drag this out forever if he thinks your always there in the background waiting for him. show him what hes missing. prove your a strong, confident, beautiful woman and your not gonna be second best or a backup plan to anyone coz you have self respect and aint a doormat. show him what your worth, your a catch and its his loss if hes willing to let you go.

dont behis fool

Hope it goes well