+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you do to make yourself feel better?

Quote Originally Posted by fearoflove View Post
    Listening to music helps but selection is important. Some good suggestions of songs that helps me is "Me, Myself, and I" and "Irreplaceable" by Beyonce. Also, if you have the money for it, go shopping, go out and treat yourself to a nice meal. Talking to your close friends about your problem might help too. Meeting new guys and going on dates.
    Best breakup song ever!!

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    ^His favorite pastime/therapeutic technique is trolling by impersonating a girl.
    lol interesting, what makes you think she's a guy?

Normally, I'll write and/or listen to music. Other times, I'll stay up till four in the morning with all the lights and technology off (even my phone) watching really happy movies. Sometimes I'll even have some food with it. I know it's not exactly healthy to, but yeah that's pretty much it. :S

Thanks for the suggestions. Maybe I'll go to the library. I still haven't replaced all of my stuff yet so I don't have very many things to keep me busy at home like movies and music.

Why is it so hard to find something to do all of the sudden? Why are you replacing your stuff? Just watch TV or go to a club.

It's hard because I lost a lot of my stuff when the house I was renting was hit by a tornado last month. I don't have a TV and I don't drink. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Trying to get people to pity you on the internet? If that is true why do you live wherever you live? Are you a redneck?

Work more. You won't be bored and you'll make more money.

Oh give me a break. You're the one that asked. You should probably try to be more open minded and not buy into all the stereotypes.

I recently broke up with my girlfriend and I have found talking to people is a big boost and helps you get your mind off things, being with friends is also really good. Try not to be alone to much but at the same time you may need some time to yourself (sounds dumb but it worked for me) Don't be alone 75% of the time and take the other 25% to take time for yourself to grieve and what not.

I have recently hit the gym a lot more than normal and I found it helps me quite a bit. I know that putting all this effort into the gym is going to get my confidence up and hopefully tone up my body and get a body that girls find attractive and may contribute in helping me find a new, better girlfriend.

I see a few people saying listening to music helps them but for me music doesn't seem to work. I tend to start listening to the lyrics and relating it to my problem and end up thinking about all the wrong things but that could simply be a case of me having the wrong sort of music on my ipod. Also the fact that a lot of the songs on my ipod were picked by my ex for a road trip we took so I may need to clean out my ipod

I could suggest some ways..

First, know what your comfort food is and eat it.. Something sweet would boost your mood up but do not eat too much because your mood will crash down on you after you get hyped up.

Second, listen to upbeat music. Music is really powerful, it can bring you down and it can lift you up so make sure you only listen to upbeat and inspiring music.

Third, do some walking. Walking will bring out your stress and leave them out on the streets.

Fourth, read or watch some inspiring movies and books. They really help uplift your mood.

That's all I can suggest..
    good luck being fine..
    I AM A LOVE ON THE LOST

I think I'll take up hitting myself in the head. Hopefully that will give me testosterone and teach me to be a regular guy.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    I think I'll take up hitting myself in the head. Hopefully that will give me testosterone and teach me to be a regular guy.
    hahahha..!! Why did I find that funny.. nice one
    I AM A LOVE ON THE LOST

Select a friend who I can easily chat with, and drink wine in my favourite bars!
    Good music in the background, and can have a laugh and vent with my friend.
    Works every time
    MOVINGforward...

I have plans to go to the lake with some friends this weekend . I'm starting to feel good again.

*hugs*

I like to talk a walk, or go for a run, also bake, it helps even if it turns out horribly, it always distracts me, I also do yoga and rollerblade. Sometimes a nice bath and a good book helps, so does a cup of herbal tea. I have a gf who likes to paint when stressed and wants to take her mind off life. Going to the salon and changing your hair color and style works wonders too, gives yourself a whole new you to look at each day...
    “The one you love and the one who loves you are never, ever the same person.”

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast