+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you do to make yourself feel better?

What do you do to make yourself feel better?

I've had a horrible day, so I was wondering what you do when you're sad to make yourself feel better. I can feel myself getting depressed and I don't like it. I need to, for lack of a better phrase, pull myself up by my bootstraps. All suggestions are welcome.

I assume this is following your breakup? Let yourself have a few horrible days - it's all part of the process. If you try to smother the feeling, it will just come back at another time and bite you.

In no time at all, you'll find yourself relieved that he's gone and the sun will shine again.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

It's more about his reaction to the break up. He scared me. I know I'll be fine in a while, but I don't like this funk I'm in right now and I'm looking for some temporary relief.

music helps me, reading, having a good old cry, cleaning or cooking like a maniac when im angry-let the sweat out. or meeting friends and laughing for an hour. always helps

I just wound up exhausting myself and giving myself a headache lol. Busying myself did help me process things though.
    I just feel like I can't talk to anyone, or I could, I just don't really want to so I'm trying to entertain myself.

I run, and I run until I can't run any further. Then I turn around and run back, by that time I'm so beat that whatever is bothering me doesn't any more.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Quote Originally Posted by AbigailR View Post
    I just wound up exhausting myself and giving myself a headache lol. Busying myself did help me process things though.
    I just feel like I can't talk to anyone, or I could, I just don't really want to so I'm trying to entertain myself.
    Its hard to talk when your hurting. Some people find it easy but I'm like you. i wont talk until I am ready. Its okay to feel like crap for awhile, watch a soppy film, eat ice-cream, cry, listen to sad songs etc, feel sorry for yourself for awhile. Then go and get a few beauty treatments, buy something nice to wear, get all dolled up and get out next weekend, meet new people, flirt a little. Ask friends to come over for takeaway and a glass of wine or have a pamper evening. Stay busy, clean the whole house, listen to heavy metal music or angry rap. Then set some goals

example: I will get promoted in the next 6 months or get a new job and then go and make it happen or I am gonna be single for 6 months and learn to be happy on my own or Im going to learn martial arts and then Im gonna go and kick his ass haha

You just need something to focus on

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    I run, and I run until I can't run any further. Then I turn around and run back, by that time I'm so beat that whatever is bothering me doesn't any more.
    Run, Forest! haha

I do home improvement projects. Most recently, I put new grass in my backyard (sod) and fixed a broken sprinkler head. I am planning to tile my front porch soon.

Home projects require enough thought that I am mentally distracted, and the physical aspect makes me tired enough to sleep.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Listening to music helps but selection is important. Some good suggestions of songs that helps me is "Me, Myself, and I" and "Irreplaceable" by Beyonce. Also, if you have the money for it, go shopping, go out and treat yourself to a nice meal. Talking to your close friends about your problem might help too. Meeting new guys and going on dates.

^His favorite pastime/therapeutic technique is trolling by impersonating a girl.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Quote Originally Posted by AbigailR View Post
    I've had a horrible day, so I was wondering what you do when you're sad to make yourself feel better. I can feel myself getting depressed and I don't like it. I need to, for lack of a better phrase, pull myself up by my bootstraps. All suggestions are welcome.
    get yourself a vibrator

vibrators are over-rated (my opinion) i personally dont like them. feel and smell really weird lol

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    vibrators are over-rated (my opinion) i personally dont like them. feel and smell really weird lol
    Interesting.

haha y is that interesting? there are other more effective ways

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    haha y is that interesting? there are other more effective ways
    yes, there are plenty :p

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast