+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Blew my first chance, now I'm trying to go for a second.

Blew my first chance, now I'm trying to go for a second.

I broke up with my former girlfriend about four months ago. A week thereafter, I was at a bar with my friends and a woman--who happened to be enrolled in the same graduate program as I am—introduced herself to me. Our conversation went well, and over the next few months I would occasionally chat with her when we crossed paths at school. She invited me to her roommate’s birthday party two weeks ago where I feel like we really hit it off. I wanted to ask for her number right then and there, but I thought that would be uncouth of me since we were constantly surrounded by our mutual friends. On the way home that night, a close friend told me that this woman seemed like she was into me and suggested that I ask her out on a date.

I feel compelled to follow my friend’s advice and ask her out. She is gorgeous, fun to talk to, good humored, and I really want to get to know her better. Moreover, I now know that she is single. Unfortunately, we are both working and taking class part-time, and since my class meets in the afternoon, and her class meets in the evening, our random run ins at school have become less frequent. I was thinking about messaging her on facebook to see if she would be interested in meeting up, and then ask for her number depending on how our interaction goes, but I’m worried that might come off as a bit creepy. What do you guys think?

it wont come off as creepy. its obvious she likes you and will be delighted to hear from you. go for it

She already knows you well enough that it won't be creepy.....it's only creepy if you have admired her from afar and stalked her on FB.