+ Follow This Topic

Thread: why do we search for a soul mate?

why do we search for a soul mate?

why do we...?
    (probably only asking because I am single)...

I think its in our nature. Nobody really wants to be alone. I also think it has something to do with our love/bonding hormones oxytocin, vasopressin, dopamine. Some peoples bonding hormones are stronger than others

Its nice to have that one special person who is always there no matter what-who has your back and you have theirs and you believe they will never hurt you (or at least hope they wont)

Its a hard thing to find. Im not sure if love can really last a lifetime these days. Everyone is breaking up, getting a divorce, having affairs, backstabbing each other etc etc. I just hope if me and my man ever break up it will be on good terms coz its a pity to end something special with a sour taste in your mouth

Everyone wants to be loved.

no one is perfect in this world, you cannot be perfect either, so why are you looking for the one.

the important thing is love, the person who loves you because he can value your relationship.

if someday someone ask me whom of two will you choose

1] the guy whom i love very much, or
    2] the guy who loves me very much

then i think my answer would be the Second one, the reason is if their is a person in this world who loves you unconditionally then s/he can make your life heaven.

all i want to say is give your 100%, don't run only after physical appearance rather also consider the beauty of the heart

theres no such thing as unconditional love-there is always conditions. loving someone unconditionally means you would forgive them anything which is bollox.

It's Darwinian in origin, partially. It's also a social thing. And let's not count out biology.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"