+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does it mean something if someone plays with your hair?

143 is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Does it mean something if someone plays with your hair?

Being young and unexperienced (15 y/o), I'm not one to notice things righht away, but recently I have started to notice that some of my guy friends have been playing with my hair. My guess is that my hair is just really nice because there are three guys who play with it, but it kinda seems like they were doing it just to get my attention.

One of them is quite tall so he has pretty long arms. I was about two people ahead of him in line and didn't really notice him there but I felt my hair being flicked around and when I looked back, it took a while for me to realize that he had been the one doing it. I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only girl in that line but as soon as I looked back at him he just stopped and waved at me. Other instances are often when I sit in front of him in class. Given that we're friends, I was able to ask him why. He just replies saying he's so bored. But the last time was pretty random..

The other is an even closer friend. Again we were standing in line, but this time he was directly behind me. Unlike the previously mentioned guy, this one didn't play with my hair as often though there have been occasions. Anyway, it's either he was playing with my hair to annoy me or just get my attention because he was kinda pulling on it, but not hard enough to hurt. Just enough for my hair to swing a bit.

The third one is someone I sometimes hang out with. At one time, I was being told to let my hair down by some friends. He was there and heard it while I was trying to get my other friends to do the same. But just before I got to my friends, I felt a tug on my hair tie. Apparently, he pulled it off. Right when my hair was down he began playing with it to make it swish. Another instance was when I had my hair up in a bun. He sat roght behind me and probably noticed my hair and decided to try to mess it up so the bun would get ruined. As soon as he did (really persistent, lol), he pulled my hair tie completely and took it from me saying he wouldn't give it back unless I did the stuff you usually see on shampoo commercials while saying, 'Hi (insertnamehere)'

Yeah so I wanted to make sure if they were messing with me or if there's something else, or if my hair is just really amazing for it to get the attention of three boys, lol. Maybe I'm reading into it too much, but it's kinda been on my mind ever since I read that some guys play with a girl's hair because he likes her. Also sorry for this wall of text.
    Google doesn't have the answer to all your questions unfortunately.

it can be a sign of affection. i always play with my little sisters hair every time i see her without even realizing im doing it normally while im chatting to her or about her.

or they could have a crush on you

These guys are competing for you and yes they like you....a far cry from the days of being out on the playground and a boy that likes you punches you in the arm.

it means that they must like your hair,the way it smells or the way it looks.

symbol of love man . go on

143 is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    I actually don't know who to believe right now, lol.
    Google doesn't have the answer to all your questions unfortunately.

It's obvious they are trying to get your attention.

I am a 16 y/o guy and i can tell ya, theres one girl in my class that has the most awesome hair. It must have something to do with attraction cuz the second she starts playing with her hair i cant focus on the subject anymore. I'd say they have a thing for you. Even though some might say that at this age guys are usually into parts of the body that are more.... Sexual, i think girls hair is a huge attraction point

my 14yo also has amazing hair. She says that most days her fellow students just have to touch it...even people she barely knows. It may simply be that your hair is touchable.

What other things do they do which indicates they may have motives other than simply enjoying your hair?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Old thread you guys.

oh....missed that. Thanks
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.