+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do I get over her.

How do I get over her.

Here's how it began. I started a new job a few months ago, and I met her. From the first day we we're flirting, getting to know each other, and just having a good time. I was fortunate enough to know she lived close to me so we got the train home together every night. That's where things began. After a while I asked for her number, and we started texting, which turned into 4 hour calls on the phone every few nights. Soon after she admitted that she had feelings for me, and that she really liked me. I felt the same way about her. However it was soon after that, that she admitted to me that she had a boyfriend. I couldn't believe it. She kept saying to me how she was sorry, she didn't think things would get this far, and how I was so different from him. Naturally I would just walk away but the problem is, I have to see her at work every day. We already have rumours flying around about us which I don't think are helping the situation at all, and is staring to make work more stressful.

Anyway, I spoke to one of her closest friends at work, and she told me things between her and her boyfriend aren't going well. I don't want to take advantage of this because I actually care about her, and I don't want to see he hurt. It's since then that she dropped the friendzone card on me. How do I get over that? Again....I have to see her at work every day. Not to mention I really like her. She keeps telling me about the problems she's having with her boyfriend, and it's driving me insane. Not to mention she's saying "right now," "for now we're friends....." I can accept that and keep my feelings locked up but how do I stop myself from getting to deep into the horrid pit.

I face another problem. She's going away for a year in a month, and that's where I'm stuck. How do i get over her, and stop myself being permanently befriended before she leaves . I don't know what's going to happen when she comes back but we'll save that for another time. I just wan't to be able to get over her because this whole situation has left me so confused.

well. you are probably the reason her and the BF are not doing well. You might just need to sit back and let things play out. Don't get assertive, just be her friend and support her and I would not be surprised if you end up with the girl. Just do not, repeat, DO NOT push the issue of you and her. The last thing you want is to appear to be meddling in her relationship and that just needs to play itself out on its own.

Actually, her leaving for a year could be the best thing to happen for you. This gives you an opportunity to keep in touch with her while she is gone and for her to get over her ex without out you playing the part of the "rebound". Its impossible to say what will happen or if you two will end up in a relationship but I would say as long as you play it cool you have a good shot and may not need to worry about getting over her anyway.