+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "It's your kids, Marty!"

"It's your kids, Marty!"

"Something has got to be done about your kids!"

Having grown up to be depressingly square and neurotic, my advice to you future and even current or expecting soon-to-be parents is to NOT LET YOUR KIDS BECOME LAME!

Being square is debilitating. It should count as a disorder and disability. One can't get far in life without being a social beast. Let your kids like all the contemporary stuff that you think is shit and let them be kids. Don't try to make them into something they're not: geniuses or masters of etiquette. You'll just ruin their lives. If you have a boy and he grows accordingly, he might hang or shoot himself when at age 40+, he's never had sex and the only friends he has are brilliant historical figures through countless books and movies and nerdy board games like Risk.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

You can still have a sex life even tho you play world of warcraft.....

I think it's impossible to not be at least a little bit lame. Everyone does something that's not "cool". If the girls you are interested in are so concerned about the fact that you like Risk (which is a fun game) they sound immature and shallow and you shouldn't be interested in them anyway. Just my opinion.

>>Being square is debilitating. It should count as a disorder and disability<<

Young Cosmo, I have to give you today's stupidity award.

The far majority of 'Squares' life fulfilling lives with friends and relationships. I know many and you cannot compare yourselves to them. Though I guess their success is because they don't go around blaming everyone else for their shortcomings. Let's face it, if you're not blaming girls, you're blaming your upbringing.

My daughter is an out and proud math nerd. A total square who fully punctuates text messages. She'd rather die than use the terms SWAG and YOLO. And do you know what? She functions perfectly well and has male and female friends who are equally academic and nerdy. Though she doesn't see them often because she's also quite an introvert. And that's OK too.

She likes Indie music which is very unpopular with the 'in' crowd but she doesn't care a bit. She also plays guitar. I asked her if playing her electric guitar gives her 'cred' and she groaned and said "mum, it's not the 1980's anymore". Apparently the guitar only further cements her nerd status.

Despite all this, she has mountains of confidence and will undoubtedly be a success in life. Unlike those who wallow in self pity.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Obviously you aren't aware of what being square really is. Us squared DON'T make friends or get into relationships. A lot of us have difficulty getting even minimum wage burger jobs. I'd say it SHOULD count as a disorder and disability. It profoundly affects quality of life.

Fully punctuating text messages is not the same as being too square to even have friends to text to begin with. No idea what you mean with your indie music and guitar business: that stuff earns friends on its own. The "in" crowd, I am guessing, is the super prep type spoiled affluent kids assortment. The indie crowd is second highest on the totem pole. Very lofty heights. Your daughter seems to be doing just fine.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    You can still have a sex life even tho you play world of warcraft.....
    Lol. Well, I don't play it but I am sure it's possible. Just not with someone physically desirable..

Quote Originally Posted by AbigailR View Post
    I think it's impossible to not be at least a little bit lame. Everyone does something that's not "cool". If the girls you are interested in are so concerned about the fact that you like Risk (which is a fun game) they sound immature and shallow and you shouldn't be interested in them anyway. Just my opinion.
    Yeah but for sex, they're prizes and to have sex with them and be in a relationship with those girls means social stratification, not to mention getting to make other guys envious. From an evolutionary perspective, getting those girls means winning in life. I dunno too many winners that were incapable of having sex with top tier women.

>>too square to even have friends to begin with<<

Cut the crap LR. You told us that in High School you had friends and thought that the world was at your feet before you got rejected by just one girl you liked.

Then again, you've also told me that you have current friends to do stuff with.....so perhaps you're lying about not having any friends. Or did you just lie about having friends at school?
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 15-06-13 at 08:22 PM.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Yeah, like 5. I thought we were all such good friends that that was a sufficient amount but now I see others with around 200-300-400+ and 5 OK friends doesn't compare to being popular. The real problem is, things weren't really that great even back then. I would much rather have had a girlfriend than hang with those guys back then. We didn't do much and progressively I seemed to matter less.

You care WAY too much about what other people think of you. You should grow up and stop looking for external approval as your only source of personal satisfaction and contentedness. Learn how to make yourself happy.

Bullet points:

. even girls can be nerdy - no, not just "ugly" ones.
    . getting the "shallow-but-hot" type of girl only makes teenage boys or extremely insecure/childish men happy and satisfied. It's nothing to be proud of, since that type of girl will sleep with a guy based solely on his adherence to predetermined "cool" standards. Non-shallow girls aren't attracted to the type of guy you so aspire to be like.

How can you expect women to not be superficial when you're the exact same way? Can you really blame them for not wanting a guy who is only concerned about being popular and having sex with "top tier women"? That kind of attitude isn't scoring you any points.

^Well, I wouldn't have to be that way if women weren't so ****ing impossible. Girls have it easy: just sit back and wait for dates. Meanwhile, I have to work extremely hard just to get nothing. Now I realize whatever works is good.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    Lol. Well, I don't play it but I am sure it's possible. Just not with someone physically desirable..
    Well I know guys who play and used to play and they are all f uckable.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    ^Well, I wouldn't have to be that way if women weren't so ****ing impossible. Girls have it easy: just sit back and wait for dates. Meanwhile, I have to work extremely hard just to get nothing. Now I realize whatever works is good.
    Just shove a huge sausage down your pants and tell them you have a big c ock....that should work.

Lol. They'll take a look at my face and say, "Eh, it ain't worth it."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast