+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm dating my best friend who I'm not attracted to. Please god help.

I'm dating my best friend who I'm not attracted to. Please god help.

So one of my best friends, like one of my 2 best friends is a girl. I've known her for years and I've also know for a long time that she has liked me. About 10 days ago we were drunk and kissed. While we were drunk I said that we should date or something. The next day I decided that I loved her personality and that maybe it would work out great if we dated. So I asked her out.

The thing is, every time we hang out its just like shes my friend. But for her I'm definitely more of a boyfriend. The worst part here is that I'm not sexually attracted to her at all. I just don't see her that way. But it's not the same for her. So I feel bad and feel like I need to do things with her because of our current relationship. I just loved being her friend.

Our lives are kind of different. I go out to parties on the weekends and she is usually home. She doesn't really do to much.

I just don't know what to do. I can't hurt her. I really love her as a friend. I know her family well, I just feel so terrible for creating this situation. I don't see how this will work out, and if I stick it out I feel like our friendship will deteriorate and this will end poorly.

She was so happy when I asked her out. I really need some help here. I've completely ****ed myself.

EDIT: Also, before we were dating her and my other best friend, who are also very good friends kept on trying to get me to date her. Like they came over one night and asked me why I wouldn't. But maybe just making excuses to make myself feel like I was pressured into this...
    Last edited by 64473; 16-06-13 at 03:00 AM.

Dude get out while you can. Just be honest that you are not feeling it and are sorry. She might be hurt by it but that is just life. Next time don't be asking a girl out when you have been drinking. Time to man up bro.
    Last edited by smackie9; 16-06-13 at 05:23 AM.