+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Wanna reconnect with old flame. what to do?

Wanna reconnect with old flame. what to do?

3 years back, on a continuation school I meet this girl. At first, i didn't notice her, but when a friend of mine told me, that she had a crush on me, my emotions for her grew. Suddenly i was in love with her. In 2 month or so, we were flirting around, this without any physical connection. U might ask me why no physical connection? - the thing was, she hadn't had any physical relations with another guy at that time, so I slowed things down, in a way so she wouldn't run away scared. A weekend, where both of us stayed on the school to have a good time with our friends, and mostly to explore the crush we had on each other, I dumb as I was decided to play hard to get
    - To my excuse, i didn't no at the time, that she was so physically shy. She tried to take my hand while we watched a movie together, but I just moved my hand away from her. She tried one more time by moving closer to me again, this time by placing her head on my chest. This time i didn't refuse her. Later that night, i tried to move closer to her, but she refused me, i was confused, and tried further, but she kept on rejecting me.

After that weird evening, we haven't been talking together, without awkwardness. We had a really good thing going, and every day I wonder what a relationship between us could have been like. Mostly because we never made it through.

Here is some facts about her: She has anxiety, which I assume also involve her connection to the other gender, since she haven't had any experience with guys. - A more practical fact is, that she is living about 200 kilometers from me, so it's not like I meet her so often.

I really want to reconnect with her, so my question to you are: How can i reconnect with her, without scarring her away, and and at the same time make her feel interested in me again?
    Greetings from Norway - sorry for my bad English. :-)

Just be honest with her. Girls love a guy who can express feelings and have a serious conversation. Make it light hearted at first then feel her out. If things go well, then talk more seriously about hanging out and tell her you'd like to try again between the two if you

What about her anxiety? - U know, I am so afraid, that I once again will spoil the opportunity to be with her, by scarring her away.
    Another thing is: in some way it felt like her goal was to make me like her, and when she achieved that, it seemed like she lost interest? - can that be a possibility? and if it is, what can i then do?
    A third thing is: how should i contact her? - as i wrote earlier in the thread is she living 200 kilometers from me - so a face to face conversation at first, might not be a possibility. :-)
    Thanks for answering me!
    Greetings from Norway

People with anxiety need a confident person to take them by the hand and take the lead. You wont scare her away if you show a genuine interest in her.....she will warm up to you once she feels more comfortable. You just have to be more persistent.

Thanks that might be the strategy I should go with.
    Then what about the distance? - I mean, wouldn't it be a bit low just to text her? And a bit to much to show up near by her?
    And how should i handle the whole "taking a time together thing" without showing desperation? :-)

I am hear talking about how to handle the opener, not the conversation in " taking a time together"

You should just be yourself, and if being yourself doesn't work then it will never work and you saved yourself a bunch of bs.

just text her and ask her out on a date say "hey this is --- here, ive been thinking about you lately and was sorry how things turned out between us, id love to take you out on a proper date if your interested. are you free this friday? dinner at 7? "

you have nothing to lose so just go for it