So last week, I was went on a date with a guy I met around Christmas. He told me to meet him at this local bar. I arrived a little bit earlier never been to this bar in town before, and I see this guy I knew when I was kid he's 7 years older than I am so we never talked. We were more acquaintances went to the same church, he was in the youth group I was just beginning to be in the youth group etc etc. So, when I see him I'm like "I know you", and he looked at me and was like "yeah we do know each other"!

So we chat/catch up up for a bit, and then my date comes in. I was a little disappointed because I think at that point I was more interested in staying and chatting with my bartender friend than my date. I'm not rude, so I leave and go on my date. Ask my bartender friend when he works, and tell him I'll come visit him the next day. Didn't though.

Date was super awkward. I don't know if I haven't seen you in a while, you can't just assume that everything is back to normal, or think that gives you permission to stick your tongue down my throat lol.

So, yesterday I go back to visit mr.bartender. He grabs my hand to shake it and holds on to it for a minute and we are like staring at each other/talking for a good 5 seconds before he lets go haha. He compliments my polka dotted dress, and says I look pretty. And then comments, "no hot date"?. I laugh and tell him no and explained what happened. I stay there for a little bit, and I tell him that I have to go, and he's like where ya going"? I tell him I am going to a happy hour with some co-workers. Then he's like I took care of the first drink for you so it will be this amount. He persuades me to stay for one more drink, become friends with some strangers at the bar...and stayed longer.

I did end up asking for his number, he's in a band, so I tried to crack a joke about it, and he gave it to me. When I left nothing magical happened. I texted him that it was me and he hasn't responded.

So, I know that it's a bartender's job to flirt, and give free drinks to keep people coming back. But do y'all think there maybe could be something there? Also, how do you go about dating a bartender? I definitely want to see him, but I don't want to look clingy by showing up every Friday.

Thanks guys!