+ Follow This Topic

Thread: i cant do relationships

i cant do relationships

i love my girlfriend she is amazing...but i am always expecting the worst. i always think of the negatives instead of the positives. I come off as clingy sometimes. I try to work on it but i cant. Like yesterday I saw her and we had a great time. I texted her earleir today and we talked a bit but she didnt reply for like 3 hours so i just called her and she didnt pick up. so now i feel like shit. now i have a feeling she is gonna be like "why the hell is he calling me" i hate this. i know she cares about me but i always expect the worst anymore. i dont know why i do this to myself

lalalita Guest
    Whoa whoa whoa. Take a deep breath :]

First of all, I don't think there is any such thing as "clingy". I think that is a term people use when they are not compatible and have different ideas of what a relationship should be, especially when it comes to how often they hear from/see their partners.

How long have you been together? Do you usually find yourself wishing you saw her/spoke to her more often?

When you are in love you get insecure. It will pass, you just have to learn not to react so quickly and rethink your actions. Dude get busy with life and do things on your own like hanging out with your bros. Not only you keep yourself preoccupied but you will be more desirable to her. The key is to have a life outside the relationship, and not make the relationship your life.

I'm the same way with my boyfriend I have no reason to not trust him, but still if he is takin longer to get home or not answering a text when we are apart, my mind goes there... But I instantly tell myself "everything's okay." I think you just need to retrain your brain. It will take time to feel more secure and to train your brain. Just try your best to distract yourself and think happy thoughts.

I don't think there is anything wrong with you. It sounds to me like you and she are just not compatible. You want more quality time-she wants less. It doesn't make you clingy, it just means your with the wrong woman. Plenty of women would be willing to give you the extra time and attention you crave so my advice is to break up, meet someone else and get someone who ticks ALL the boxes