+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Friend or Girlfriend

Friend or Girlfriend

I've known this girl for over 10 years, she is one of the oldest friends I have. Before I liked girls I loved her as a sister, but I moved away and we haven't been in contact much for 4 years now.

We see each other mostly during the summers, but I've had a crush on her for years. There is a pretty good possibility of me moving back in the next 1-2 years.

---> Now that the background info is out of the way, here is my question.

Should I tell this girl how I feel? I don't want to ruin a friendship with awkwardness, but at the same time we may not be friends much longer. Once each of us start college (this summer) we won't be seeing each other much. Plus I moved off for all of high school so we have grown apart some.

I will see her when my parents go to a 4th of July concert like they do every year together. I am thinking of getting her alone and just straight up telling her. No nonsense, just a plain "Hey, you know I've had a crush on you for a long time."

Is that stupid? What would you do?

It's not a bad opening line - but starting up a long distance thing isn't a great idea. She may not even be interested in seeing someone who doesn't live near.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.