+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Deeply In Love With A Person I Have Never Met!

Deeply In Love With A Person I Have Never Met!

Hi People,

I am in love with a man who lives in Atlanta. I have know him for 2 years and honestly speaking he has won my heart. We are both divorced. He is the only man whom I have spoken in the last 2 or 3 years either through my parents or various dating websites who has been honest about his divorce. That's actually why I respect him a lot.Please note I have never met him but know a lot about him through out conversations. Hes been a good friend too! I actually found his address through my work and set him a bottle of champagne which he appreciated. I wanted to send him that one his 40 th Birthday in August but things were getting bad where he was not returning my calls so I wanted to keep him just as a friend so I sent him the bottle.

Problems:1) Hes in love still with his ex wife who is jobless at the moment and keeps using him and always takes advantage of his niceness. He says that once she finds a job he is going to cut of all communication with her. This happened last year too when she was seeing a psychiatrist and he suggested that they should stop talking. But again this year he was in Chicago on Valentines day.They have been separated/divorced since 2008.
    2)She has always been consistent that she does not want to come back. He always tries to get her back and so far has been unsuccessful. His Dad and Sister also say that his ex wife always takes advantage of him.

I am actually in love with this man for his honesty,frankness,and everything. This weekend we decided that we should meet. We both live long distance. Meeting date was set sometime in July ..I emailed him and called him and he did not email me back neither returned my call..I am deeply hurt.

My parents want me to stop talking to him but I am in love with this man. My friends also want me to stop talking to him saying that he does not care for me. They say that if I continue talking to him hes an excellent game player and I will be extremely hurt in the end. I want to still continue talking to him..but want peopl eto advice?

Honestly, you're being silly. I think you should listen to your parents. You're in love with a fabrication.

He loves his 'ex'. If she's even really an ex as such. How would you know exactly what's going on? He could be telling you all sorts of lies.

Newsflash: you can't be in love with a person you've never met.

lol no, this is infatuation at best.

Hello Ladies,
    Dont get me wrong this man is pretty honest. I snoop around for him a lot on facebook and all other possible web sites....
    I am in love with him. He asked me to if I was free in July and I emailed him a date and called him up he did nor respond. I am really upset and mad at him but actually I really like him a lot.

When you have a number of friends and family members telling you to forget about someone, there's usually a good reason for it. Other people can often see things more objectively than the person who's in the middle of the situation.

You want this man, but he doesn't want you. He wants his ex-wife. Just for that reason, you should be moving on. He's old enough to know what he wants, and it's highly unlikely he'll change his mind. Are you really okay with such a one-sided relationship? You deserve to find somebody who'll care for you as much as you'll care for them.
    “This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.” ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

pitgal, you are using the dating sites wrong if you end up talking to somebody that far away. Date locally or else acknowledge that you're not ready to date at this time. Focusing obsessively on a distant stranger is a way for you to avoid a healthy and normal relationship, and you should be concerned with figuring out why you are doing that to yourself.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.