+ Follow This Topic

Thread: 2 months since bf broke off 8 yr relationship.

Ztw Guest

2 months since bf broke off 8 yr relationship.

It's been 2 months since my ex broke off our relationship of 8 years. We've known each other for 15 yrs.
    He said he had no time for me between working & being in 2 bands. He said its something he had to do even if he regrets it. He also stated he can't see me not in his life & that I'm his best friend&wants to remain friends.. I did not agree with the breakup & told him I loved him. I said you make time for people you care about regardless of how busy you are and after 8 yrs. I should be a priority. He said that's easier said then done. I asked him if there was someone else & he denied it. he said he'd rather be alone then be with me.
    After the break up literally a few hours later he texted me asking me how i was doing & to be honest. ?.... This is not the first time he has done this to me. While breaking up with me he stated the last time we broke up he was miserable. ?Then that same night he was liking photos on my Facebook page. I have since deactivated my account. I have disappeared and had no contact with him at all. I am heartbroken & think about him constantly. We have the same friends and heard he is vacationing all over and just got back from Canada. (I didn't ask about him) I have been thinking about getting back on Facebook & deleting him as a friend. idk...

I feel so foolish for thinking we had something special & I feel so lost while he clearly is having the time of his life without me. I don't know how to move on. I am still in love with him.

Its only been two months hun. Of course its hard. It takes time to grieve the loss of a long term relationship. Its quite similar to when someone close to you dies. The best way to heal is to go cold turkey. Tell him you cannot be friends, delete him on Facebook, block his number from your phone, accept its over this time FOR GOOD and you are not going back even if he begs.

Im sorry to say it but I would never trust a celebrity of any kind. hes travelling all over the country, getting loads of female attention, thinking the grass is greener-that is probably why he dumped you and hell keep you around as a backup plan encase he gets bored.

You are better off without him so you can have a real relationship with a normal guy who has a work/life balance and who puts you first. This guy will pick you up and drop you whenever it suits him. He wants to know your waiting with open arms, devasted. Show him how strong you are and that he was a fool to let you go. Make him regret it and he WILL regret it when you finally move on and marry someone else and your happy and hes full of regrets knowing how much he has lost.

It could take anything from 6months-2years to fully heal from this but you are stronger than you think and you will recover