+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5-10 years older guys

5-10 years older guys

Hello ladies,
    I've got one stupid question for you - If you were 18, would you date a guy who is 5-10 years older than you?

Sub-questions:
    Would you find that strange or, rather, appealing?
    Would you consider having a relationship with him, despite the difference in your age?
    If you prefer older guys, why is it that you do?

--
    I met this girl not too long ago, she's very cute and fun to be together with, we share similar interests and I think I'd like to give it a shot. Thing is, I've only dated girls my own age (+/-2), so I'm not entirely sure if I`d be doing the right thing. I'm 24 at the moment and she's 18 (soon to be 19) and I'm really curious as to what might be going through her head.

Personally I have never had an interest in older guys.

If she was 20/21 I would say go for it but 18 is too young. She still doesn't know who she is or what she wants out of life. She could change her mind 10 times in the next year or two. When I turned 18-i dumped my bf at the time. All I wanted to do was go out with friends, drink, dance, flirt and have fun. I had a fun year being single and enjoyed it and then I was ready to meet my bf at 19.

I'm 22 and my bf is 35 and I love it

When I was 18, I would date a guy who was 5 years older without hesitation - but not 10 years older.

I liked older guys because they were more mature than guys my own age. But I draw the line at 10 years older because we'd be at different stages of life and wanting different things.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I'm 22 and my boyfriend is 42 lol. But I am happy with my life; wouldn't change a thing

Thank you ladies! I'm thinking that might not be a bad idea after all.
    Looking forward to more replies!

lalalita Guest
    I've always liked older men. I've dated younger, my age, and older and I've always been more attracted to men at least a few years older than me. I'm 25 and I would have no problems being with a man in his 40's. Older men tend to have their lives together and know what hey are looking for.

Dating an 18 year old is not a good idea. She is still immature, like michelle said, she doesn't know what she wants yet... I think you should shift your attention on girls closer to your age.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No. Next.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    No. Next.
    You are the least helpful poster by far.what is the point of you?

In my opinion 5-10 years aren't a lot but basilandthme is right, 18 is too young, she doesn't know what she wants yet or even who she is. No problem at all if she were 20 or 21, my father's 8 years older than my mother and they're great together.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by devilish View Post
    You are the least helpful poster by far.what is the point of you?
    I've got one stupid question for you - If you were 18, would you date a guy who is 5-10 years older than you?
    I answered your question, didn't I? If its not the answer you want, ask the question differently.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Archie View Post
    Hello ladies,

Sub-questions:
    Would you find that strange or, rather, appealing?
    Would you consider having a relationship with him, despite the difference in your age?
    If you prefer older guys, why is it that you do?

--
    I met this girl not too long ago, she's very cute and fun to be together with, we share similar interests and I think I'd like to give it a shot. Thing is, I've only dated girls my own age (+/-2), so I'm not entirely sure if I`d be doing the right thing. I'm 24 at the moment and she's 18 (soon to be 19) and I'm really curious as to what might be going through her head.
    This is what can happen when you date someone at this age: Once they get a taste of being an adult when they turn drinking age, your relationship gets replaced by clubbing and flirting with guys.

To answer your question, yes most 18 year old girls would date a gut maybe around your age BUT the attraction is more fueled by flattery rather than honest appeal. Young girls are demanding and full of drama and will wear you down. It's true an 18 years old girl will not know what she wants because they live in the moment, and are full of fantasies...not a state of mind for an adult like you. Not to mention the resistance you will be getting from her parents. You need to go over the pros and cons before making the step of having a relationship with someone at this age.

I'm 18 and I wouldn't date a guy that is 5 years older

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast